Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Backup sets of engines- How many people have them?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113676-backup-sets-engines-how-many-people-have-them.html)

OldSchool 10-04-2005 03:36 PM

Backup sets of engines- How many people have them??

Question for the guys who are running big power in their boats that require yearly rebuilds...How many of you have a backup sets of engines? I can't afford to do it, but if I was running big power and money wasn't an object, it sure would make sense to have a set waiting and work a rotation. It could also be a plus when an unexpected problem happened during the boating season.

Just wondering if anyone is doing it this way??

Sean H 10-04-2005 03:38 PM

Re: Backup sets of engines- How many people have them??

you don't know somebody who has some good back-up motors for sale do you?

OldSchool 10-04-2005 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
you don't know somebody who has some good back-up motors for sale do you?

Dick :p

Sean H 10-04-2005 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Dick :p

just trying to help ya out..... :D

thedonz 10-04-2005 03:49 PM

we have a a spare one laying around in the garage 1050 hp or something like that only needs to have the headers swap chief power #1 :evilb:

jr

BajaRunner 10-04-2005 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by thedonz
we have a a spare one laying around in the garage 1050 hp or something like that only needs to have the headers swap chief power #1 :evilb:

jr

can i borrow that for my nova? :evilb:

thedonz 10-04-2005 04:37 PM

one things for sure your going to get a lot more then just 3 mph :evilb:

jr

ratman 10-04-2005 05:00 PM

mer's building me some blower motors and i have 577na's in the boat now that will be b/u for when i hurt a blower motor.

articfriends 10-04-2005 05:44 PM

I have a 502 for my back up motor,machine work is done,heads are ported,small parts are all new in the box,haven't ever hurt 540 bad enough where it had to come out mid-season though so it never got finished completely.Every time I upgrade the 540 further though the spare parts the back-up is going to get built with keep getting bettter, :D ,Smitty

Turbojack 10-04-2005 06:07 PM

New motor sitting in garage, waiting to be used as standin so I will not miss a beat of boating season.