Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113790-boatpix-com-scammers-lets-put-end.html)

boatme 10-06-2005 08:07 AM

Re: I am so pissed!!!

Notice in the letter they sent me it said "per my inquiry"

I never inquired

boatme 10-06-2005 08:10 AM

Another trend seems to be to hit you up side the head and if you complain they start lowering the prices if not BEND OVER

There tactics have bothered me for a long time

offshorebankin 10-06-2005 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Devious
If you wait until December and fill out a credit dispute form and send one in every day for 1 month solid they by law have to respond to each and every one of you’re disputes ( you mark always on time, not my account , and never late) the first one they don’t respond to wipes it off you’re record this will work for any bad debt. But do it in December that way they have all the new credit to report and they will respond to about 10 of them then they will just trash then thinking that it is the same one. Them wala its all better. If you need the forms let me know (pm me) ill send you one and you can make the 90 copies and send it to the 3 reporting unions. Remember 1 a day every day to each of the 3 unions :D

This method does work, just takes persistence, I show my clients how to do this...

kitten 10-06-2005 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by boatme
this is from 1999 Poker Run Event i was in

a while after the event this is what i got

You most likely signed
something while signing up for the P R in '99.

I can't read your letter, even when enlarged, too small.

Ms PatriYacht 10-06-2005 08:22 AM

We never had that happen, but I would be livid if I was sent something that expensive if I had not requested it, especially if I had to spend money and time to send it back. I really can't believe it is legal. If it happens, I would send them a certified letter saying that I did not request the picture and they can either send someone to pick it up or send you a prepaid UPS call tag. For those of you that have them in your area and have been bothered by them, you could always be proactive and send them a certified letter with a picture of your boat, and tell them they are not authorized to take photos of your boat, and do not send you anything.

boatme 10-06-2005 08:24 AM

Kitten i didn't post all of what transpired

they are relentless and some phone calls to them produced a nasty tempered and an arogent azz on the other end

Poorsche 10-06-2005 08:32 AM

You think they are relentless try dealing with a Hospital or one of thier collection agencies about one of thier FU's-

Roger 1 10-06-2005 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by articfriends
I have heard this time and time again from lawyers/financial experts: Someone sends you something UNSOLICITED,you can keep it and consider it a gift. Something is missing in your story or I'm just not getting it.If you didn't enter into a written agreement or a oral contract then how could this company even prove you have any kind of debt to them let alone they have to demonstrate a attempt to collect it from you. They have to be lying or forging something to enter a oustanding debt in your credit report without a court judgement or some kind of proof you entered into a legally binding agreement with them. I'd be mad as hell too,Smitty

I have heard the same thing as well. I would also contact your local postmaster and see if this could also be mail fraud.

Hydro 10-06-2005 08:45 AM

Some of my best pics are from Boat Pix.
I had to go on line fill out a request form.
I paid $640 for six 24x18. (Two were copys)
The quality of the shots were perfect.
I did have some prints that were scratched, they were replaced at no charge.
It did take four months to get them.
My pics were taken in the North East, Montaulk NY.

My boat was also shot by boat pixs in the Keys. When I requested pics I was told the shots did not come out.

I'm now waiting for my Boat Pix's from September 10.

They even sent me this low res pic, upon my request.

Chris288 10-06-2005 08:47 AM

They were at the NYC poker run taking shots of my boat, I went to the website and filled out the form to have them send me the pics. I never heard from them until last week,,, 4 months later ,,, they sent like 3 8x10 and one bigger along the lines of 16x20. They looked pretty good until I saw the price,,, 100.00 for each 8x10 and 250.00 for the 16x20, I send them back 4 days later...