Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!! >

Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!!

Notices

Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!!

Old 10-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I am so pissed!!!

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
So then they do have ways of getting your info, you don't have to sign up in advance. It's not a problem if they only send a letter, but if they start sending pictures that's a differnt story.

We get a ton of advertising from boat companies and marina's. One marina sent us a coupon for a free overnight slip and when I spoke to the girl and asked her how she got our name she said they bought MI boat registration lists and mailed info to people that had 40' boats and larger. So lots of companies use these lists. Sort of makes you nervous, nothing is private.

Moral of the story if you are on a boat with someone you are not supposed to be with, make sure you hide from the flying paparazzi
Boat owner List

http://www.e-merges.com/e_merges_boaterlists.htm
Old 10-06-2005, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boatme
I actually don't fault them for making money but all that i posted was in 1999 and so off the mark with pricing

we at SOTW hire the photographer and the helicopter ourselfs then offer the pics for sale
i think our pricing is fair
(What do you think ?)

The pricing is great! I think it's so great that we have SOTW pictures framed all over our office and at our pads in Michigan and Indiana! You can't be the work. Also that DVD of 04 is pretty killer
Old 04-03-2006, 05:20 PM
Registered

Did anyone find a resolution with this company? I'm so freakin pissed!! They rented a helicopter from a local flight service, gave one of the low time pilots a junk camera and sent me the bill for $804.00! The pics look like they were taken with a disposable camera!!

Lets just also mention the helicopter was flying over water without floats and within 500 feet of the boat... both highly illegal.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Devious
If you wait until December and fill out a credit dispute form and send one in every day for 1 month solid they by law have to respond to each and every one of you’re disputes ( you mark always on time, not my account , and never late) the first one they don’t respond to wipes it off you’re record this will work for any bad debt. But do it in December that way they have all the new credit to report and they will respond to about 10 of them then they will just trash then thinking that it is the same one. Them wala its all better. If you need the forms let me know (pm me) ill send you one and you can make the 90 copies and send it to the 3 reporting unions. Remember 1 a day every day to each of the 3 unions
where can you get thease forms?
Old 04-04-2006, 06:50 AM
Registered

ok, keep a camera on the boat. When you see the chopper snap a bunch of pictures of them taking your pics. Then do just what they do to you send them a bill and the pics
Old 04-04-2006, 07:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Superboat Guy
ok, keep a camera on the boat. When you see the chopper snap a bunch of pictures of them taking your pics. Then do just what they do to you send them a bill and the pics
Feel free to use mine(page 1), we should all send him a bill!
Old 04-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
Did anyone find a resolution with this company? I'm so freakin pissed!! They rented a helicopter from a local flight service, gave one of the low time pilots a junk camera and sent me the bill for $804.00! The pics look like they were taken with a disposable camera!!

Lets just also mention the helicopter was flying over water without floats and within 500 feet of the boat... both highly illegal.
If you have the N number of the helo, send a complaint to the local FAA office. There will be issues for the pilot.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

or better yet....send boatpix a pic of the helo flying illegaly along with a bill for $1000 saying you want the pic or should i send it to FAA?

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Registered

These slime need to be stopped ..Im fed up with scammers thieves and non payers.. I do work for a company that is now 4 months in the rears and keeps making excuses that ill be paid when they get paid from there customers. I told them this morning " we all know thats not how it works" and unless I see a check by the end of the week , proceedings will begin.
She got awful polite on the phone, we shall see.
It just seems like EVERYONE is playing games nowadays.. They have to be taught a lesson or they will just keep doing it.
Hey DHlaw got any nice letters I could borrow
Old 04-04-2006, 10:06 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Gino,
Just sent you an e-mail. Let me know when you receive it. Thanks,
Dave

Quick Reply: Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.