Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!! >

Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!!

Notices

Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!!

Old 04-04-2006, 11:05 AM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!!

Please send me the aviation information of the helocopter, I have connections with the local FAA.

I just got a letter asking if I wanted the pictures, guess they stopped sending the pictures with the threatening letter first.

The boat they took the pictures of I don't even own anymore.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:06 AM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

BTW, I just sent them a link to this thread so tell them how you really feel.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:11 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gino, the first thought sounds the best. Shoot down the helocopter.

That guy from boat pics was at the Sarasota poker run tryin to sell pics that they shot. Had I seen this post earlier, I'd a socked him in the eye, and said that's from "Gino" LMAO.

He seen my Chicago Poker Run shirt I was wearing at the awards banquet, and he's trying to talk me into letting him shoot the pics for this years event. Thanks for the heads up on Boat Pics. I know he'll be calling me real soon. as he asked for my card, and he wants to do some dealing on the photos.

Frank
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 04-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The helicopter belongs to a friend of mine and the pilot is just a low time instructor doing ANYTHING he can to get by with enough hours to move onto the bigger and better helis.

Where the problem lies is with BOATPIX sending crappy pictures they believe we should pay for just beacuse they hired a $250/hour Robinson R22. I would certainly report it to the FAA if the heli pilot and the guy who owns the chopper were not friends, but then professional courtesy kicks in a bit. What burns my arse is the BS from BoatPIX.

Every other boating photography company I have EVER seen will send you proofs or has images on their site. When I filed out Boatpix' form I requested simply for proofs and nothing more. Now, its $804 and 3 months after the poker run they send pics I didn't want nor could ever use. I think I will try sending them a bill for the video I took of the helicopter.

Great Idea!
Old 04-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope they read it.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Registered

They took some pictures of my boat two summers ago. Sent me a letter saying they had some pictures if I was interested. I never responded and never heard from them again. Not trying to defend them 'cause it sure looks like they scammed a bunch of people, but I didn't have any problems with them.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:50 PM
JC
Registered

They did the same to me, a year later they said they were filling a judgment against me for not paying. After trying to contact them several times I sent there attorney a letter with a copy of the check they cashed, the attorney called and said they were sorry for the mix up.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Believe it or not, I got the same thing (I think it was the Sarasota run where I met you --- several yrs. ago in the storm that pop'd up while heading back to the Hyatt).

Anyway, I had a letter shot over from our attny's and it was removed fairly painlessly.

Joe
Old 04-06-2006, 05:21 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by wantsa311
They took some pictures of my boat two summers ago. Sent me a letter saying they had some pictures if I was interested. I never responded and never heard from them again. Not trying to defend them 'cause it sure looks like they scammed a bunch of people, but I didn't have any problems with them.

Same here..... The funny thing was I got the letter last Friday but never opened it. I came across this thread yesterday and read it when I got home. It says, "We have pictures of your boat" and had my name and the registration numbers on there as well. "Fill out this form and send it in and we'll mail you pictures to view with no obligation to buy."

I'm not interested nor am I responding... especially now! Should I be watching my credit now?

Last edited by Shah Mat; 04-06-2006 at 05:27 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 10x
He seen my Chicago Poker Run shirt I was wearing at the awards banquet, and he's trying to talk me into letting him shoot the pics for this years event.
I don't think so!!!!!

I think the deal for our Poker Run which gives every boat entered a DVD Disk with full resolution pictures of all the boats shot that day is the best deal going. You can take the disk to Walmart and have an 8X10 printed for $3.00. The disk is included in the entry fee. No additional charge for pictures.

We don't want Boat Pics getting in the way of our two birds. Tell them we have it covered and that they would be better off taking shots of the sailboats that day.
Dan

Quick Reply: Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.