Notices

To tow, or not to tow?

Old 07-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default To tow, or not to tow?

Ive got a guy interested in buying my boat that lives in Pa. I live in Baton rouge La. What do haulers usually charge per mile. I`m considering delivering it myself. According to map quest one way trip is 1200 miles. My trailer is like brand new so shouldnt have any problems. We both might come out cheaper to have it hauled, cause I would still have to pay for diesel to get home.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think you could pull it alot cheaper if you have the time. I just had mine pulled from Miami to Joplin Mo. for $2700 if that helps. I think i had a pretty reasonable rate but honestly I havent done the math or checked around.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:14 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Probably looking at about $2 per mile to have it shipped professionally. I wouldn't move it until AFTER its paid for.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:37 AM

Have him fly in to go over boat, if he buys it, Cash, wire transfer, whatever then give him title. Arrange a date that is good for both of you, probably the next weekend, that you can meet a half way, or if you want to sell it bad, make you delivering it part of the deal!

WILL
Old 07-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Have him fly in to go over boat, if he buys it, Cash, wire transfer, whatever then give him title. Arrange a date that is good for both of you, probably the next weekend, that you can meet a half way, or if you want to sell it bad, make you delivering it part of the deal!

WILL
I offered the idea to him to fly over. I think he`s satisfied with the pics I sent him. At the price I`m selling it for he cant go wrong. He`s a member here. We`re still working on a few details. I`m kinda looking forward to a road trip. I was just curious what the road trip was worth.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Probably looking at about $2 per mile to have it shipped professionally. I wouldn't move it until AFTER its paid for.
One reason I wanted to know what it cost to haul is because thats how much deposit I think he should send. I cant imagine driving 1200 miles on my dime for him to change his mind!