Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!! >

Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!!

Notices

Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!!

Old 10-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!!

Listen to this one! I signed up for Equifax credit alerts. It tells you when your credit score changes and prevents identity theft (Like someone would want to steal my identity! LOL).
Tonight I received a notice that my score dropped 27 points today. I checked to see why. Get this! Have you heard of Boatpix? They fly around the Fort Lauderdale coast line in this little helicopter and when they see a boat they follow it and take pictures. Then without your authorization, they get your address from the regi numbers on your boat and send you a set of 5 8x10 and 1 16x20 photos with a bill for $750. For $750 you could rent a helicopter for an hour and have someone shoot 5 rolls of film for that price. I have never received one shot picture from them worth that kind of money! They are nothing like the pictures you get from Stu's runs!! Then it is your responsibility to either send them $750 or take the pictures to the post office and at your expense send back the pictures you never asked for certified mail and let them know your don't want them. Then they send you a reduce price offer which I again refuse. Over the past years, without exaggeration, I have received photos from them 15 times. The last time was probably a year ago. Now today I find out, they sent something to Equifax that I have an outstanding balance of $627. It lowered my credit score 27 points. I have no idea which order this was, nor do I have any proof of sending anything back (this is at least a year old). Other then shoot down the helicopter next time I see it, what would you do?
Old 10-05-2005, 09:36 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I am so pissed!!!

Gino, just dispute it with the credit reporting company. If he can't show you signed something, it will be taken off.

Hell, I'd take some legal action so he doesn't do it again to anyone else.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you didn't sign anything I don't see how they can force a bad credit report on you? talk to a lawyer on oso I'm there there are a few
Old 10-05-2005, 09:41 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks Gino, dispute it with Equifax.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Registered

Wink Re: I am so pissed!!!

Originally Posted by Ron P
Gino, just dispute it with the credit reporting company. If he can't show you signed something, it will be taken off.

Hell, I'd take some legal action so he doesn't do it again to anyone else.
Hi Ron, That's what I'll do. It just makes me so friggen mad!!! Hopefully the pictures you took of my boat in Kentucky that are coming out in the next issue of extreme boat are better then that Boatpx stuff!
Old 10-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

I have heard this time and time again from lawyers/financial experts: Someone sends you something UNSOLICITED,you can keep it and consider it a gift. Something is missing in your story or I'm just not getting it.If you didn't enter into a written agreement or a oral contract then how could this company even prove you have any kind of debt to them let alone they have to demonstrate a attempt to collect it from you. They have to be lying or forging something to enter a oustanding debt in your credit report without a court judgement or some kind of proof you entered into a legally binding agreement with them. I'd be mad as hell too,Smitty
Old 10-05-2005, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. It took months to straighten out. Their terms and way of business is pretty screwed up.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Registered

Collection Agency 496YC04122
Original Creditor BOATPIX COM INC
Account Number 866XXXX
Whose Account Individual
Date Assigned August, 2005
Date Reported September, 2005
Amount $627
Balance $627
Balance Date August, 2004
Date Last Activity September, 2004
Collection Status Unpaid
Status Date August, 2005
Old 10-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Registered

Maybe I can post their phone number and WE can ALL give them a call. That's what we need to do, set up an OSO Union. Screw with one member and you have to deal with all of us!!!
Old 10-05-2005, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by articfriends
I have heard this time and time again from lawyers/financial experts: Someone sends you something UNSOLICITED,you can keep it and consider it a gift. Something is missing in your story or I'm just not getting it.If you didn't enter into a written agreement or a oral contract then how could this company even prove you have any kind of debt to them let alone they have to demonstrate a attempt to collect it from you. They have to be lying or forging something to enter a oustanding debt in your credit report without a court judgement or some kind of proof you entered into a legally binding agreement with them. I'd be mad as hell too,Smitty

the boatpix company doesn't have to prove anything. All they have to do is report this and the ignorant credit reporting agencies make an entry. The credit reporting agency doesn't even have to verify the erroneous report. The result we the consumer get screwed with our only recourse being to dispute the erroneous entry. Gino can get this taken care of, but it is a pain in the azz.

Quick Reply: Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.