Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hatteras 58 Cockpit Motoryacht (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113796-hatteras-58-cockpit-motoryacht.html)

Tom 10-05-2005 10:08 PM

Hatteras 58 Cockpit Motoryacht

I am thinking of getting a Hatteras 58 Cockpit Motoryacht. Does anyone know anything about that size, manufacturer, etc. I don't know anything about that boat or any other options for that matter. Any and all advice is welcome including another site to post on or what I should know aboat owning a 58 foot boat like that. Just don't advise me to sell the batboat, I love it too much :-)

Tom

CBR 10-05-2005 11:34 PM

Re: Hatteras 58 Cockpit Motoryacht

Here you go:

www.samsmarine.com

An entire forum there for classic hat owners.

spk1 10-06-2005 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Tom
I am thinking of getting a Hatteras 58 Cockpit Motoryacht. Does anyone know anything about that size, manufacturer, etc. I don't know anything about that boat or any other options for that matter. Any and all advice is welcome including another site to post on or what I should know aboat owning a 58 foot boat like that. Just don't advise me to sell the batboat, I love it too much :-)

Tom

Tom,
Hatteras is an excellent choice. The 58 CPMY is in my opinion the best of both worlds. My family had a 43 Hatteras Sportfish it provided many years of fun, and never once did it leave us stranded off shore. I was first mate on a 53 hatteras sportfish in highschool and college, again a very solid and well built boat, and coincidence enough the owner of the 53 purchased a 58 CPMY, Luxurious boat, so much room inside you can get lost. We did a few diving trips in the boat, and many parties at the dock, it really is a great boat, I have experienced nothing but top notch Quality in Hatteras and I am sure you will as well. I met Alton Hurnan (President Of Hatteras Yachts) years ago at the Miami Boat Show, I was only 16 and riding one of the shuttles to the Hatteras Display, He spoke with me for a while about some of the newer Hatteras Yachts and Invited my family and I out on The then brand new 65ft Hatterascal Sportfish, A month or two after the show He personally sent us Boxes of Hatteras Souveneirs cross pens swiss army knives t-shirts , bags, polos etc. It was a really classy move on the Part Of Hatteras. I will be brand Loyal for life. Now that I have spread enough cheese. I would urge you to go look at "THE POWER BOAT GUIDE"(Brokers Edition) by Mark Parker and Ed McKnew. Mark parker sold us our first Hatteras,and is also very loyal to Hatteras and one of the most knowlegable sources to buying a preowned Hatteras. If you would like his help in finding your new 58, I am sure he would be the ultimate source. Let me Know and I can put you in touch with him personally.
Take care,
Kevin

Poorsche 10-06-2005 05:46 AM

That's one fo the best Hatt's ever built. I've been looking at them as a live-abord. Makes more sense than the crazy house prices here in Fl. Make sure you put Insurance in the contract as an out clause--the age of the boats will cause some problems in getting a decent premium. Last time I got a quote it was near $10K per year.

bgchuby01 10-06-2005 07:43 AM

call sean stenson he works at the hatteras plant now.

dockrocker 10-06-2005 08:06 AM

Might want to try www.yachtforums.com as well - some good knowledge on that site.

CBR 10-06-2005 05:28 PM

I know of an excellent 58 Yachtfish for sale with extended deck enclosure. I would have bought it but the wife did not want to give up the overpriced house. <gg> It is currently moored on Long Island. For those seriously interested, email me. Another good website is yachtsurvey.com. Picture of a Hatt that wiped out a marina restaurant during a hurricane, boat was fine.

sean stinson 10-06-2005 07:27 PM

If you are serious about a Hatteras send me your contact info so I can speak with you.

Thanks
Sean Stinson

PhantomChaos 10-06-2005 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by sean stinson
If you are serious about a Hatteras send me your contact info so I can speak with you.

Thanks
Sean Stinson

Are you working there Sean?

DirtyMoney 10-06-2005 11:10 PM

sean i left you a message the other day I will call again tomorrow.
Beau