Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   V-Hull vs. Cat Hull (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113848-v-hull-vs-cat-hull.html)

The Menace 10-06-2005 08:39 PM

Re: V-Hull vs. Cat Hull

Originally Posted by RedDog382
The bottom line here ... :D

Reddog, during the fall poker run I passed you in Livingston Channel like you were sitting still. ooopps, you probabkly missed me. You guys were too busy trying to control your boats in all the cross wake.

Cats.

The Menace 10-06-2005 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by ratman
deep v for a nice sized cabin for the ladies. hard to beat deep v in big water

I have a queen sized bed.

The Menace 10-06-2005 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by knockoff
What about in rougher water? Do a cat and V hull handle it the same?

You have to keep the power up and stay on top. Turning in real heavy stuff can be tricky but you have to learn how to read the waves, turn and power accordingly.

The Menace 10-06-2005 08:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I also have a TG. The cat is way too much fun.

Comanche3Six 10-06-2005 08:49 PM

When the Atlantic Ocean gets rough Apache's rule the roost

The Menace 10-06-2005 08:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the Gun.

Again, the cat is way too much fun.

RedDog382 10-06-2005 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by expresscat39
Reddog, during the fall poker run I passed you in Livingston Channel like you were sitting still. ooopps, you probabkly missed me. You guys were too busy trying to control your boats in all the cross wake.

Cats.

Now I know what that blinding flash of white and blue lightning was that went by me!

Actually, I saw you coming and slowed down so you could catch me (I thought it was TizBad). :D :D

You do have a very nice boat. When I first got the 382 two years ago, I had Tony at Bruce Jones shop in Port Clinton do some glass work for me over there. I saw you and your boat there before it was painted.

My top end is unfortunatley limited by the Bravo drives and my limited income. The 382 ran 114 m.p.h. with 950 H.P. blower motors in it, but the previous owner went through 4 sets of drives in less than 75 hours.

I have a video of the OPT Miami race years ago that featured the 47 Apache INXS smoking all the top cats (Don Johnson and Kurt Russell in Team U.S.A., Al Copeland and Chuck Norris in Popeye's). The cats just couldn't keep up in the really rough stuff. Love that video!!!

mr_velocity 10-06-2005 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Deep V for the rough stuff

I'd take a 36 Skater with SSM6s over any 41' V in the rough stuff doesn't matter if it's my 41 Velocity or the old 41 Apache Warrior that used to run here in NJ. The Skater will be faster and more comfortable.

mr_velocity 10-06-2005 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by RedDog382
I have a video of the OPT Miami race years ago that featured the 47 Apache INXS smoking all the top cats (Don Johnson and Kurt Russell in Team America, Al Copeland and Chuck Norris in Popeye's). The cats just couldn't keep up in the really rough stuff. Love that video!!!

You have any idea how much has changed since then? If you want to live in the past then you're right, if you live today you're wrong. As "not so long ago" as the early '90s Vs and Cats ran in the same class, think you will ever see that again? Nope cause the cats are running much faster than the Vs.

RedDog382 10-06-2005 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
You have any idea how much has changed since then? If you want to live in the past then you're right, if you live today you're wrong.

I know the technology has changed and I am not living in the past ... I just don't have 1/2 million dollars to drop on a Skater with Sterling power! :(