Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Avanti Boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113872-avanti-boats.html)

LiquidForce13 10-07-2005 12:19 AM

Avanti Boats

I was looking at the avanti website.. www.avantimarineboats.com and their boats are pretty attractive and are very reasonably priced. I heard there are new owners since 2003. Does anyone know how the boats ride, and the fit and finish??

Stormrider 10-07-2005 07:57 AM

Re: Avanti Boats

Do a search, you will find some info.

T-Mone 10-07-2005 08:37 AM

I know of a 33 Avanti that is for sale in South Jersey its a friend of mine the boat is built well and handles the rough stuff real nice..Another friend of mine owned a 22 Avanti what a fun boat. In the rough stuff this boat for its size was incredible. We beat the hell out of it and never had a problem and never saw a stress crack anywhere..

murf 10-07-2005 08:56 AM

T-Mone, I think your talking about Avanti Marine Inc, located in NJ, they build performance boats. The website LiquidForce13 posted was Avanti Marine USA out of Florida, It looks like they build offshore fishing boats. I'm not familiar with them. I have a 27' Avanti from builder here in NJ. It's a well built boat, but I wouldn't recommend buying anything from Dennis Friedmann and Avanti Marine Inc. Check with the Burlington County office of Consumer affairs before you do any business with them.

Pantera24 10-07-2005 09:02 AM

Avanti (from Miami) not New Jersey... builds a very nice boat. They have been building down here for years.

LiquidForce13 10-07-2005 09:33 AM

Yea name of Avanti has been around down here for a while but they sold the comapny in 2002 to a new owner. Im trying to figure out if they still use the same molds and building technique.
Thanks For the Help.

thedonz 10-07-2005 09:53 AM

all i know that avanti from the mid 80's when they were built in north miami they were good as hell boats . handled the ruff very well. the new one out nj , i have no idea about them besides there cheap in price :rolleyes:

jr

Russ G. 10-07-2005 09:53 AM

If its the N.J. builder I heard that he hasn't sold a new Advanti since 2003. I dont think his boats are bad. There are a few 27's around phila. that run rough water well. Same owner for years.

Russ G. 10-07-2005 09:58 AM

Dough I just looked at the web site. Not the N.J. builder. They just build performance boats and broker used boats.

Muff do you boat out of Big timmer creek?

murf 10-07-2005 10:32 AM

Russ G. No, I boat in Beach Haven. I run up around Atlantic City a lot also. I have a 1987 27' Avanti, like you said, there not bad boats, it's just the guy that builds and sells them. Once I re-powered it and undid all his "ghetto" rigging, the boat runs great.