Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What do you think of Avanti Powerboats from Palmyra, NJ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113916-what-do-you-think-avanti-powerboats-palmyra-nj.html)

Iggy 05-09-2006 11:25 AM

Re: What do you think of Avanti Powerboats from Palmyra, NJ??

Since you live so close I'd think a visit to the shop and tour would be the thing to do.
You can tell alot about the place by looking at the building, the type and age of the vehicles the employees drive, the cleanliness of the shop floor, the general attitude of the workers, and how they work. A quality product comes from the care the assemblers put into it.
If you see that the building is unkept, the cars are old and chitty, the employees look nasty, and they act like they don't care about what they're doing......turn and run.

thedonz 05-09-2006 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Iggy
Since you live so close I'd think a visit to the shop and tour would be the thing to do.
You can tell alot about the place by looking at the building, the type and age of the vehicles the employees drive, the cleanliness of the shop floor, the general attitude of the workers, and how they work. A quality product comes from the care the assemblers put into it.
If you see that the building is unkept, the cars are old and chitty, the employees look nasty, and they act like they don't care about what they're doing......turn and run.

I dont agree with you at all because if you go to the Cigarette factory the best car a worker from the shop ( the actual factory workers) drives is a honda and not even a new one. So i wouldn't say that but the Avantis from nj to me are not worth it all all

jr Mike

CAP071 05-09-2006 02:36 PM

I live 5 mins from where it use to be. The lot and building are up for sale now. I thought they were going to keep the property and use it as a dealership location for the boats. But I guess not

Pantera1 05-09-2006 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by thedonz
I dont agree with you at all because if you go to the Cigarette factory the best car a worker from the shop ( the actual factory workers) drives is a honda and not even a new one. So i wouldn't say that but the Avantis from nj to me are not worth it all all

jr Mike

I have to agree with you there JR , you cant tell what kind of boats are being built by the cars the workers drive.
Ive never heard of an avanti coming apart , most of the ones ive seen were wavy but so are alot of boats ..Straight fiberglass does not indicate stregnth.

T-Mone 05-11-2006 08:56 AM

4 years later and $20,000 in attorney fees, I have accomplished a WRIT OF EXECUTION from the Superior Court of New Jersey for CONSUMER FRAUD against AVANTI POWERBOATS. (Hence the closing of his shop). After purchasing a 33' that was to go 80+ that only goes 63mph, I gave him $40,000 down plus my trade of the 33' to receive a boat that would do 90+......The prick spent the money on his house which is now for sale.

He is changing his name weekly...hiding under Cardinal Yachts and Garden State Yacht Sales (which, as of last week, placed a temporary Cardinal Yacht banner over the GSYS sign).....Much more info to give....but I can't; because I'm close in collecting $100,000+attorney fees

Jayl13 05-11-2006 09:06 AM

God the place is an old old converted gas station, Thats where they build these things, in an old GAS STATION.

Iggy 05-11-2006 09:19 AM

I dont agree with you at all because if you go to the Cigarette factory the best car a worker from the shop ( the actual factory workers) drives is a honda and not even a new one.

I have to agree with you there JR , you cant tell what kind of boats are being built by the cars the workers drive.
Every place I've visited, not talking boat manufacturers, I could tell what type of place it was just by looking in the parking lot. If the cars were old and crappy which means they didn't pay well then the quality of the work would be suspect. And it usually was.
I know, a company can pay their employees a good wage and still build a crappy product. If a design is bad from the start then no amount of quality workmanship can make it better.
But the flip-side....if the product looks beautiful, like a jewel shining in the sun, but the shop constantly looks like a tornado just went through, I'd wonder just how careful they were in building the product.

CAP071 05-11-2006 10:42 AM

Yep, He sold my buddy's 27 Avanti then cashed the check and spent the money. My buddy found out after the check from Avanti Bounced :mad: Months later with a lawyer he got his money :mad:

Pantera1 05-11-2006 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Iggy
Every place I've visited, not talking boat manufacturers, I could tell what type of place it was just by looking in the parking lot. If the cars were old and crappy which means they didn't pay well then the quality of the work would be suspect. And it usually was.
I know, a company can pay their employees a good wage and still build a crappy product. If a design is bad from the start then no amount of quality workmanship can make it better.
But the flip-side....if the product looks beautiful, like a jewel shining in the sun, but the shop constantly looks like a tornado just went through, I'd wonder just how careful they were in building the product.

Even if I was paid a good salary.. I wouldnt show up in a new car ..then they think they are paying you too much.
Remember Richard Pryor in superman when he pulls up in the Ferrari :eek:

TeamSaris 05-11-2006 08:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
never delt with dennis. We have a 27 built for twins (extra strong) 1987 putting one of these in her :cool: