Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What do you think of Avanti Powerboats from Palmyra, NJ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113916-what-do-you-think-avanti-powerboats-palmyra-nj.html)

DelawareRiverRunner 10-07-2005 07:00 PM

What do you think of Avanti Powerboats from Palmyra, NJ??

Their website is www.avantipowerboats.com so everyone can check them out.

I would like to hear all your thoughts and opinions on Avanti Powerboats...good, bad or otherwise. Any problems or personal experiences with them?

They are about 15 minutes from my house but I never dealt with them personally. Every once in awhile, a boat comes out of there that I really like...but none lately. Their 26 footer looks like a Hustler 26/Signature 27 "splashing"...is it one? Out of all their models this is the one that I like the most...probably because of its classic heritage.

When was the last time they were actually "World Champions" in any true racing classes?.

32storm 10-07-2005 08:04 PM

Re: What do you think of Avanti Powerboats from Palmyra, NJ??

You should do a search on avanti in previous threads. I think you will find some interesting reading on people experiences dealing with avanti.

DelawareRiverRunner 10-07-2005 09:38 PM

Searched the previous threads...MOST of what I read was NOT GOOD!!

SLINGSHOT 10-07-2005 10:14 PM

junk

HiPerf2000 10-08-2005 12:18 AM

He has a habit of rigging new boats with used parts.

If you like a certain boat that he builds, buy one a few years old that the previous customer had to replace all his junk that he put into the boat with proper stuff....and you'll make out ok.

I bought a brokered boat from him (my old boat) and still had a tough time dealing with him.

CAP071 10-08-2005 09:57 AM

As he said :rolleyes:

murf 10-08-2005 11:45 AM

Do your self a favor and stay far away from there. Contact the Burlington County office of Consumer Affairs, they know him all to well there. Like HiPerf2000 said, he likes to rig new boats with used parts. And the brokered boats he sells, he misrepresents the age and condition of the boat.

Ron P 10-08-2005 10:07 PM

A 41 Avanti will be a Pace Boat for the Camden Races.

DelawareRiverRunner 10-08-2005 11:04 PM

And "BOFFA DEEZ" (an Avanti 27) will be running in the P5 class. It might have been the only race boat out (running) in the water/river today.

Just to set the record straight, I have nothing against these boats nor the people that like/own/run them. Not too sure about "Dennis the Menace" though!!

DelawareRiverRunner 10-08-2005 11:10 PM

Is the 41' painted red, white and blue with large gold stars on the sides?? If so, I saw it out on the river last weekend.