Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New F2 Team needs sponsors >

New F2 Team needs sponsors

Notices

New F2 Team needs sponsors

Old 01-17-2002, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think out of the rich mans bubble. This sport truely does have the potential to offer a lot of bang for a fraction of the buck that other sports offer sponsor slots for. Fox picking up Speedvision is going to be so beneficial to this year (let's hope). We don't have expectations for 2002, but in fact are thinking on 2003.We hope that the APBA will continue to grow at an exponential rate this year. If not, then yeah it will be back to pleasure boating but I'll still stick around and continue to start threads like this. I'm surprised that everyone seems content to pour money into this w/o the prospect of return. This rich mans hobby can be an ambitious mans Money Market account or better.

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Scuba_Steve ]
Old 01-17-2002, 09:13 AM
Registered

These people are all speaking from experience. They have done the knocking on doors and talking to potential sponsor after sponsor. They are not trying to be negative, only honest. Besides, do you really think anyone one of them is going to just hand you a sponsor. NO! But, I hope that you are the first time that can prove all these other teams wrong, and be able to get that big sponsor. Good Luck.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:26 AM
Registered

Randy if it was that easy i'm sure more boats/teams that have some wins that have shoe-string budgets would take avantage of any oportunity avail.--get some wins under your belt and go from there--i have a friend with a supercat-owns the boat,motors,rig-no sponcers to speak of, and thats the premier class-go figure
Old 01-17-2002, 10:43 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
"Tampex! Hell, I put a big red tip on the bow my boat and drag some rope behind it."

LMAO !!!

Steve,
Was you by chance at the Factory class meeting in St. Pete a few years ago? I made almost that same statement in the meeting and everyone in the room almost fell over laughing. Especially Theresa eubanks, who I had just realized was sitting right behind me.
"Hell, for the right money, I'll paint the boat all white and drag a white ski rope behind me and call it Team Tampax!"
Old 01-17-2002, 12:28 PM
Registered

unfortunatly it seems speedvision is losing intrest in the sport--look at the cover story for the marine page SAME STORY FOR MONTHS-thats not helping the sport-my .02
Old 01-17-2002, 02:29 PM
Registered

That's funny Gordo. Somebody had to say it.
Old 01-17-2002, 04:49 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Its my understanding that APBA will be buying time from Speedvision to produce their own shows. It will be up to APBA to pay for the time and to sell the advertising. I could be wrong but I don't think so. It's like buying time to run an infomercial.

So let's just say that the networks are not in a bidding war for the TV rights to offshore racing.

Offshore racing probably has about .5% of the audience that NASCAR has. Why? Becuase even a redneck can relate to driving a car fast. Boat racing is in a more elite category.
Old 01-17-2002, 04:52 PM
Registered

your right ron----to the beer store and back-broke my own record-i can relate to that
Old 01-17-2002, 05:36 PM
HavasuCat

The reason Skateboarding is on ESPN is because of the following from all the kids accross the country. My neighbor (Bob Burnquist) is one of the top skaters in the world and makes a very good living from his sponsors, contest, commercials, video games ect... Hell the sponsors bought him the house and built a $160,000 ramp on the property. I don't think most sponsors think they will see the kind of money generated from offshore racing because it does not have the same kind of following. Sad but true, that is my .02.

Old 01-17-2002, 06:05 PM
Registered

This thread has brough up some good points by all. I geuss I would have to ask 'does the APBA and its racers want to see it grow leaps and bounds or, is everyone content with it being an expensive hobby?'

Quick Reply: New F2 Team needs sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.