Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New F2 Team needs sponsors (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/11403-new-f2-team-needs-sponsors.html)

Ron P 01-19-2002 12:12 AM

Needforspeed, what did you end up buying?

Wild 01-19-2002 09:35 AM

Pete, thank for the advise - great idea

needforspeed, last time we talked you and 2 buddies were going for a 36 gladiator, is that what you got. We toured that Cig factory last weekend, very impressive. I would still like to talk a little if you have some time.

Well it turns out this post was good for something, we got a good sponsor offer, and I think we may take it

Any others

Scuba Steve 01-19-2002 12:25 PM

I recv'd an email from soemone who had a good point. He told ud that we were on the right track because of what a team does have to offer. If this is currently a rich mans sport, than we can give the sponsors access to the wealthy guys who own these boats, marinas, and their rich friends. There's a good angle to be seen here. Thanks Jim.

pullmytrigger 01-19-2002 01:44 PM

Why not make a list of every company you can think of that sponsors motorsport in any fashion, and go to them and give your pitch, at least these companies have heard of some kind of motorsports......I talked to Scott Goodyear once about this and he said he spent "at least 8hrs a day looking for and talking to sponsors".....and that was when he was in the heyday of his career in cart........Doug

Wild 01-19-2002 02:13 PM

Twin, that is just the thing, that list is endless. One suggestion was to find a marketing company to help us out.

Does anyone know of any. Please email me with them

Thank you

DaveP 01-19-2002 02:32 PM

Here is my $.02 (from a marketing guy)

SELL IT CHEAP - SELL A HEAP!

Forget about looking for a $20k-$50k Sponsor.

Find 20 small sponsors for $2,000 and raise $40k. PLUS - they will be more likely to renew each year.

Proof is in the pudding - how many race teams have had the same title sponsor for more than 4-5yrs????? There are some - but not too many!

eMotiondriver 01-19-2002 06:52 PM

We've done that sent e-mails letters etc...
If you land something let us all KNOW PLEASE. We used to be considered F4 and I wish it would have stayed that way....If we broke even we were HAPPY...
Doug

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: eMotiondriver ]

Gordo 01-20-2002 05:39 PM

Originally posted by Randy Wild:
<STRONG>Just because some people have knocked on some doors and not gotten any response from the first 10-20 sponsors, does not mean it cant happen. </STRONG>

10-20? try 150-200.
Randy,
I wish you, Steve, and every other race team the best of luck in finding that "Golden Sponsor", or any sponsor willing to pay for a few gallons of gas. But I think what some are trying to say is that although it sounds like a great advertising venue for any company or corporation, (and it is), they just don't seem to be waiting in line for us.
APBA has made some great steps in gaining some big name sponsors, and I hope that leads to even more sponsors joining in for the teams.
Lots of teams have tried lots of ideas to gain the attention of those sponsors. It ain't easy, but if you find something that works, my hat's off to you.

Hauling Trash 01-20-2002 06:15 PM

what`s up? got some money.

Wild 01-22-2002 10:53 PM

Back to top, there's got to be some more suggestions.