Notices

Charleston SC.

Old 10-10-2005, 05:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charleston SC.

Anybody on this board from this town? My wife and i got here yesterday. Were staying at hampton Inn on meeting street. Wemt to Bubba Gumps for dinner last nite. A real cholesterol builder. Real sorry i drove the dually, not the widest streets ive ever seen. Brian miller
Old 10-10-2005, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Charleston SC.

Originally Posted by scarrab30
Anybody on this board from this town? My wife and i got here yesterday. Were staying at hampton Inn on meeting street. Wemt to Bubba Gumps for dinner last nite. A real cholesterol builder. Real sorry i drove the dually, not the widest streets ive ever seen. Brian miller
I did a year of engineering school in Charleston so I was there for some time. Go to the market (its on market street ) There is a lot to see there. Bubba gumps is good, but there are a million other great restaraunts. If you like seafood, just walk down the roads around market street, you have to try the crab cakes, delicious. And there is a great steak house/brewery down there too, but I forgot what its called. I know its kind of cheesy, but you should take a horse tour through the city, they set up near the market. The guides know everything and there is a lot of history in charleston. Houses that were damaged during the war, ghost stories, where they filmed movies, etc. Don't drive North, you'll hit some hard ghetto, just stay in the city. Not sure if you were looking for things to do but there's some. As far as driving, Charleston hosts some of the worst drivers in the world...the dually is the least of your worries Hope you have fun, its a great city.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:50 AM
Registered

a lot of history in that town we go down there every year on a boat trip alot of good boating in and around there
Old 10-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Registered

Hey I tradded the dog in for a gold fish, Its much quieter now. Na hes not driving me to nuts.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:18 PM
jtmiller02

i'll be there thursday..not sure how long we are staying. Last time I was there we went to the rooftop at Vindu Inn. I know thats not spelled right but the place was pretty cool. Its hard not to find a good time downtown.

Old 10-11-2005, 04:47 AM
Registered

Got time 34, Im not worried about the ghetto, Ive got my 2 leged attack dog with me. We went to sticky fingers last nite, our eyes were bigger than the stomach. Took the truck to isle of palms yesterday, ended up spending the whole day there. Brian i guess scooter misses his buddy. were going to magnolia manor today. met some people from choo-choo town last nite. they have a smaall sea ray. (52ft).
Old 10-11-2005, 08:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarrab30
Got time 34, Im not worried about the ghetto, Ive got my 2 leged attack dog with me. We went to sticky fingers last nite, our eyes were bigger than the stomach. Took the truck to isle of palms yesterday, ended up spending the whole day there. Brian i guess scooter misses his buddy. were going to magnolia manor today. met some people from choo-choo town last nite. they have a smaall sea ray. (52ft).

I spent summers at my grandmothers on the Isle of Palms...loved it!! If you get a chance, try a boat ride thru there. The area is really beautiful! Plus, a lot of the homes at the Wild Dunes and surrounding areas were rebuilt after Hugo so there are some NICE places to see on the water. One suggestion, make sure you go to RB's at Shem Creek and have dinner...the food is really good!
Old 10-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts

Brian,
We're in Charleston and we've been trying to put the boat in the water for the last two days. Still may get out this afternoon if this crappy weather ever breaks. Yall are welcome to ride along if we ever make it out. Tuesday....
Old 10-11-2005, 09:54 AM
Registered

Don't anyone feel that it might be risky to take Brian and his wife out for a ride. I met them at the shootout this year, and they are good people! Hope to see them and young Brian again in the future. Myabe shootout next year!
Old 10-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Banned

My dad did two stints at the Navy base there when I was a kid. We went there this past Fourth of July. The town has changed a lot. It was a nasty, dirty, rundown city when we lived there. It's a very nice tourist friendly place now. We used to live on the Isle of Palms. I still hate that old bridge, it looked like they were almost finished with the new bridge when we were there.
Attached Thumbnails Charleston SC.-7-2-05-031.jpg   Charleston SC.-7-2-05-037-small-.jpg   Charleston SC.-7-2-05-038-small-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Charleston SC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.