Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Had To Lay Off 1/2 Of My Crew Last Week (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/114121-had-lay-off-1-2-my-crew-last-week.html)

WILDTHING TAZ 10-11-2005 04:25 AM

Had To Lay Off 1/2 Of My Crew Last Week

It Was A Bad Week Last Week When I Had To Lay Off 1/2 Of My Employees Because Of Lake Of Work. After 30 Years Of Machining It's Getting Pretty Tuff To Keep The Doors Open.if Anyone Can Help I Have A Sizable Screw Machine Shop. With Multi Spindle Acme And Brown & Sharp Screw Machines. 20,000 Square Feet Of Them. We Can Do Long Or Short Runs. I Would Like A Chance To Quote Some More Outside Jobs. We Can't Work For The Price Of Rice Like A Lot Of People In China Can. Just Pm Me And Ill Get In Touch.
Thanks Ron Bender 216-390-1330

R Addiction 10-11-2005 07:03 AM

Re: Had To Lay Off 1/2 Of My Crew Last Week

Damn Ron....hope things get better for ya. :(

Audiofn 10-11-2005 07:09 AM

I hope that some day soon we start to want quality again. I will pay a lot more for things if I know that they are quality over cheap. I am proud that my foundation in Maine was built like it was going to have a sky scraper put on it. I like nice things and get so PISSED when things break. I wish that the rest of the people would come in line and we would see some changes.

My buddy has a machine shop and he had to down size as well. It is just him now with a lathe and a bridgeport. He is one tallented SOB but the work is not easy to come by.

Jon

Danny Usnik 10-11-2005 07:10 AM

I can vouch for Ronnies work.....it's top of the line. The guy knows his sh*t... He's quoted a couple of jobs for me and he is very competitive....

Ms PatriYacht 10-11-2005 08:43 AM

This is happening everywhere and especially in the automotive market, it is probably one of the biggest reasons for Dephi's problems. China is really starting to take a big bite out of the component market.

Between so much computer and customer service jobs going to India and the manufacturing stuff going to China I think we are going to be in for some hard times.

wwwTOPDJcom 10-11-2005 08:51 AM

I just found a use for all those subs the US has :)
sink all the cargo ships headed from China/Tawain. Can't sell what you can't get to market :D

BBB725 10-11-2005 08:55 AM

I can call around to see if anyones looking but need some information
What diameters do you run? Lot size or productions runs that you would prefer? What quality system do you have in place QS or ISO?
Certain materials you alot of (low carbon, stainless, alum.)

Back4More 10-11-2005 10:16 AM

Sorry to hear this Ron...
I fowarded your post to a friend that owns Durite Machine, he does the same stuff you do, he might have some for you.
His name is Ed Nowak
Hang in there.

KSFLYER1 10-11-2005 11:33 AM

Boy, if all industries are not somehow affected by our latest manufacturing and electronics trends. We are on a one way road here...what gives. I also believe we are in for some tough times. We are in southwest Michigan and industry is just closing up or moving away. I try to shrug it off, but every night when you turn on the TV...Wow. My .02

CMG 10-11-2005 12:04 PM

that sux Ron, do you have a salesperson out beating the pavement?