Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   So, did ole Jacky boy forget to pay his bills?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/114141-so-did-ole-jacky-boy-forget-pay-his-bills.html)

32fever 10-18-2005 09:38 PM

Re: So, did ole Jacky boy forget to pay his bills??

Originally Posted by candyman35
Wow! I would partially agree with you. He came up with the name but not the concept. If COPS had been a club and not about one individual it would still exist. Having a offshore club here in Chicago was a good idea.

The concept of a boat club was started way before Jack. Rich O was organizing Poker runs here in Chicago back in the early 90's. OSO had the first organized Fun run in Chicago before COPS was created. 22 boats if I remember correctly had a great time on the lake. That is documented fact here in the archives. He didn't like that fact. It was our group that joined his to start the club.

The worst fact is that I was the second person on OSO to post a link to his site. I am the one who told him about OSO. OHHHH the SHAME I have to live with. :eek:

Dan :drink:

Okay,let me paraphrase. See, Jack started the idea of a FUN run with boats, got people excited, the word got out on OSO and people like me, from MI, came over to join a day or two of boating. Certainly that concept is commendable, even if it were OJ and Michael Jackson organizing it with Monica L offering party favors and Cigars after.

So, that concept allowed you to be graced with my presence, and the likes of other MI folks as well. I mean, we could just stay here and enjoy the clean air and beaches, but NOOOOOO, we came over there to smell smog and look at smoke stacks and buildings. Just for you guys. I (and other Sunset Coasters) will likely live 2 to 3 less years of my life just to be able to allow you guys the priveledge of our company.

LMAO! Am I laying it on a little thick? LOL!

Seriously, if it were not for Jack's whatever you want to call it, I'm going to say initiative, many of us from this side wouldn't have met the t-dockers and other groups there. You guys are a fun group. Although the beers could be cheaper. :)

But OSO probably did more to that effect that any one person. The power of the internet. How else would Waterfoul be able to drive so many different boats?

You're right, I wasn't around during the dethroning, but I heard some stories. But, I'm not one to talk, cause I'm all about the Benjamins myself. And I'm too lazy to put together something such as he did or anyone else for that matter. So, I'd have to give him credit for that. And I admire Dan, Mark, Steve, and any of you that work on the CHI-town Offshore stuff. It takes extra effort and is appreciated, and it's much better and noticeable, and even more appreciated.

And, over time, if there is no profit for the organizers of things like this, people will get burned out, move on, etc. It just happens. Hopefully the torch can be passed when that happens.

Ms PatriYacht 10-18-2005 10:55 PM

32 fever, I am not even sure where to start, you might not realize this but you and scooby do brought this thread into a Chicago Club thing, which it is not. If your re-read it you will see it is NOT about club issues but about OSO issues. It is about a guy who thought and probably still thinks he is the Midwest's answer to Offshore boating, he tried to be a big shot, boasted that he could buy and sell most of us, while he was secretly filing bankruptcy! He was relentless in starting arguments, and pissing off tons of people on this board. He fought on threads constantly, got banned numerous times under several different board names, even tried to claim that by accident he posted under his wife's board name. Yes it is true he and several other people from here had a concept for a club, (wow what a novel idea :rolleyes: ) however while the club was in it's infancy he continued to cause inflammatory feelings on OSO (the biggest source of new members) yet we all tried to make nice and protect him, me included! I nearly got banned several times trying to go to bat for him. So how does he react after finally being banned after yet another pissing match, he decided to start his own web site. That's great now we are divided, we'd rather be here but forced out of loyalty to visit his site which is only a mouth piece for his BS, a cut and paste from what we already see here, and a rant against OSO. Talk about being in a rock and hard place................ anyway there are a TON of people on OSO outside of Lake Mi that have nothing to do with the Chicago Club that dislike and laugh at Cashbrain for being Cashbrain, several which have posted here. When you are the type of person that he presents himself to be, it is inevitable that a vast majority will take pleasure when you fall from grace. His site is down, it appears he can't keep it running, many of us from all over the country laugh at that so fault us.

I don't think we have met, have you been to a CPS event lately, I hope you have a chance to check out one of our runs or parties.

Keep in mind Cashbrain is not gone from OSO, he can't go a day without it, it is like his drug. As many of us know his site was mostly cut and paste info from here, so that meant he was on here often, like hourly. When you think about it, that is so sad, sort of like a restless breeze just blowing with no where to go....

candyman35 10-19-2005 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by 32fever

LMAO! Am I laying it on a little thick? LOL!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!

Dan :drink:

candyman35 10-19-2005 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
32 fever, I am not even sure where to start, you might not realize this but you and scooby do brought this thread into a Chicago Club thing, which it is not. If your re-read it you will see it is NOT about club issues but about OSO issues. It is about a guy who thought and probably still thinks he is the Midwest's answer to Offshore boating, he tried to be a big shot, boasted that he could buy and sell most of us, while he was secretly filing bankruptcy! He was relentless in starting arguments, and pissing off tons of people on this board. He fought on threads constantly, got banned numerous times under several different board names, even tried to claim that by accident he posted under his wife's board name. Yes it is true he and several other people from here had a concept for a club, (wow what a novel idea :rolleyes: ) however while the club was in it's infancy he continued to cause inflammatory feelings on OSO (the biggest source of new members) yet we all tried to make nice and protect him, me included! I nearly got banned several times trying to go to bat for him. So how does he react after finally being banned after yet another pissing match, he decided to start his own web site. That's great now we are divided, we'd rather be here but forced out of loyalty to visit his site which is only a mouth piece for his BS, a cut and paste from what we already see here, and a rant against OSO. Talk about being in a rock and hard place................ anyway there are a TON of people on OSO outside of Lake Mi that have nothing to do with the Chicago Club that dislike and laugh at Cashbrain for being Cashbrain, several which have posted here. When you are the type of person that he presents himself to be, it is inevitable that a vast majority will take pleasure when you fall from grace. His site is down, it appears he can't keep it running, many of us from all over the country laugh at that so fault us.

I don't think we have met, have you been to a CPS event lately, I hope you have a chance to check out one of our runs or parties.

Keep in mind Cashbrain is not gone from OSO, he can't go a day without it, it is like his drug. As many of us know his site was mostly cut and paste info from here, so that meant he was on here often, like hourly. When you think about it, that is so sad, sort of like a restless breeze just blowing with no where to go....

As usual Donna is right on the money. :D Thanks Donna or is it Mrs. Candyman. :evilb: :evilb: :drink: It could be a conspiracy. :evilb:

Dan

MarkSmith 10-19-2005 01:31 AM

So how about them there White Sox?

Roger 1 10-19-2005 08:23 AM

Well put Donna, and a lot nicer than most of us would have been.

Wally 10-19-2005 08:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 32fever
See, Jack started the idea of a FUN run with boats, got people excited, the word got out on OSO and people like me, from MI, came over to join a day or two of boating.

32fever......just to set the records straight......Jack didnt start the fun runs.....even before any mention of a Chicago boating club, Candyman put together the first fun run to Racine for lunch. That was almost a full year for Jack started the club in Chicago.......so you see...even if the club never started i bet eventually you would have still met the Chi-town people sooner or later because of OSO! :D

The pics below are form Aug. 2002

Wally 10-19-2005 08:32 AM

scratch that!!!! it was a few weeks from what my pic dates are now tellin me.....unless someone else can tell me otherwise.......i was initially looking at the wrong folder.....my bad....

Candymans Racine run.....Sat Aug 10th 2002
First COP's run...Sat aug 24th 2002

Chris288 10-19-2005 09:24 AM

oh no say it isn't sooooooo,, Corrado isn't going to have any place to threaten anyone anymore !!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

candyman35 10-19-2005 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Wally
scratch that!!!! it was a few weeks from what my pic dates are now tellin me.....unless someone else can tell me otherwise.......i was initially looking at the wrong folder.....my bad....

Candymans Racine run.....Sat Aug 10th 2002
First COP's run...Sat aug 24th 2002

You would be correct. :D Lets not forget the first large OSO party that happened the year prior to that. Wally organized that one. :drink:
Dan