Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boating Accident on Grand Lake?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/114169-boating-accident-grand-lake.html)

1stfntn 10-11-2005 06:01 PM

Boating Accident on Grand Lake??

Heard there was a recent boating accident up on Grand. Possibly someone running aground up near Sailboat Bridge. Anyone have any knowledge that can shed some light on this? If true, hope all are OK.

RebarBox 10-11-2005 09:11 PM

Re: Boating Accident on Grand Lake??

Someone ran up on Snake Island at night over Labor Day weekend in a Baja and killed 2 or 3 people - is that the accident you heard of?

AIR TIME 10-11-2005 09:51 PM

that sucks I never got in to boating at night with performance boats, sport fishing different story. sad so sad when theres lose of life :(

eyezlee 10-12-2005 06:57 AM

I haven't heard of anything lately. I did hear about the one rebar posted.

1stfntn 10-12-2005 12:37 PM

Rebar/eyezlee - thanks for the info. That's probably it. I was up at my slip (Cherokee) a little over a week ago doing some work to get ready for winter (where did summer go?) and heard people talking about it on the dock. Made it sound more recent, but can't imagine two similar incidents in that short of a time period. So sorry to hear about the unfortunate event. My heart goes out to the friends and family of those involved. Amazing how these stories get twisted around over time, the version I heard was a large Fountain, from Cherokee, etc., etc. so I was concerned it was someone I know from the marina. Again, thanks for the info.

OLDRAT 10-12-2005 12:50 PM

The last one I heard of was the one they mentioned over
Labor Day.

Haven't heard about any others in the last several weeks,
and that is good. Yes, the summer has gone too fast!

OR

WARPARTY36 10-12-2005 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been hesitant to respond to this, but yes there were 2 killed in the Labor Day accident. Jenny was a friend of ours, and I didn't know the guy that was killed :( PM me or call me if you need details to clear up any misconceptions. She will always be in our hearts.

Ms PatriYacht 10-12-2005 02:06 PM

Sorry to hear that Bubba, was she with you guys at SOTW?

WARPARTY36 10-12-2005 03:20 PM

No, that pic was taken at the Big 12 Championship last year. My girl from SOTW is gone, but still alive :D

1stfntn 10-12-2005 03:30 PM

Sorry to hear that Bubba. Our thoughts and prayers go out to her friends and family.

No more info needed, was just worried about my fellow CYC members based on the version I heard.