Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A Little Dry Pipe Video (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/114180-little-dry-pipe-video.html)

drypipetiger 10-11-2005 10:26 PM

Re: A Little Dry Pipe Video

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Not with drives :evilb: :evilb:

JC, with the CMI drypipe exhaust when the motors are in the boat, how much variation will there be between the dyno and boat hp wise? Dyno has some sort of big outdoor muffler set-up...

JCPERF 10-11-2005 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by drypipetiger
JC, with the CMI drypipe exhaust when the motors are in the boat, how much variation will there be between the dyno and boat hp wise? Dyno has some sort of big outdoor muffler set-up...

Dyno headers with mufflers are usually about 20 to 30 better HP than the CMI boat exhaust dry in the upper rpms.The CMIs make a little more torque down low[4000 rpm or lower]

10x 10-11-2005 10:40 PM

:evilb: Pretty good soundin Tiger there pal. :evilb: :drink:

CBR 10-11-2005 10:43 PM

Nice video, could also be called: Why you want fuel injected motors.

I finally got fed up with my carb motors and tossed em in favor of fuel injected motive power.

It was more exciting when the motors stalled out approaching the docks in strong winds and current, but I can do without that in my sunset years. <gg>

Click on "Nortech cats are faster" on my weblink to hear a 172 MPH Nortech with dry pipes pass me at over 100 MPH. Very cool, few sounds can compare with dry pipes.

drypipetiger 10-11-2005 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by CBR
Nice video, could also be called: Why you want fuel injected motors.

I finally got fed up with my carb motors and tossed em in favor of fuel injected motive power.

It was more exciting when the motors stalled out approaching the docks in strong winds and current, but I can do without that in my sunset years. <gg>

The motors had some issues that didn't surface until post purchase. They should be like new after the rebuild. Hopefully no stalling at the dock. :drink:

drypipetiger 10-11-2005 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Dyno headers with mufflers are usually about 20 to 30 better HP than the CMI boat exhaust dry in the upper rpms.The CMIs make a little more torque down low[4000 rpm or lower]

Thanks.

10x 10-11-2005 10:49 PM

It's all in the fine tuning. :cool: You'll get it right. :drink:

CBR 10-11-2005 10:51 PM

Good luck drypiper tiger, that is a beautiful looking and sounding boat!

Back4More 10-11-2005 11:18 PM

Bet the snailboaters love you out there... :rolleyes:

tomtbone1993 10-11-2005 11:29 PM

you should hear those headers @ 5200RPM when it sends a mist of water to your #1 cylindar.............not that I know :mad: