Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   2002 Top Gun on Ebay ouch!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/114198-2002-top-gun-ebay-ouch.html)

SLINGSHOT 11-09-2005 08:30 AM

Re: 2002 Top Gun on Ebay ouch!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by GEORGE YURICK
that boat sank right here in good ole new yawk...from what i heard a guy with a big checkbook and no step bottom boat driving experience bought it and barrel rolled it on the first or second time he used it....the accident happened like 2 and a half months ago...supposedly there were a few substantial injuries...that boat has to run in the mid to high 90s with that setup..i havent heard anything lately but i am sure the boat is a mess by now since its been sittin soo long...

dont you need to have a big checkbook to buy these boats regardless of your driving experience? :rolleyes:

norolloversplease 11-09-2005 10:56 AM

I think cigs are of very high quality and look sweet, just pricey, but then again what isn't?

drypipetiger 11-09-2005 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by norolloversplease
just pricey

Thats what helps with resale for poor saps like me... People that own these rigs won't lose their azz when its time to move up or move out.... Unless you go brand new. But they all drop like a stone from new.

Tazz 11-09-2005 02:25 PM

Anybody know of any other Rolled, Sunk, or Damaged TG's for sale? I'm looking for a winter project. Thanks, Greg

DaDaDa 01-23-2006 08:42 PM

Looks like it's for sale in the classifieds again. They forgot to mention it was rolled over and sunk in the ad :rolleyes: Must have been a typo :evilb: :evilb:

Outdrive1 01-23-2006 09:54 PM

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8652.html
This one?

LubeJobs42 01-23-2006 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by DaDaDa
Looks like it's for sale in the classifieds again. They forgot to mention it was rolled over and sunk in the ad :rolleyes: Must have been a typo :evilb: :evilb:

Anyone that calls will get the full story. In fact, with everything that's new in this boat, I would take this over another 2002 with all origional equipment which would now be 4 years old and probably ready to be replaced anyway. I am happy to give the complete story on the boat. As for your first post regarding this. You stated "Doing nothing"! Well, you idea of doing "nothing" differs from our idea of it. Here is a small list of the "nothing" that was done since we bought the boat: Rewire the entire boat. Every wire, switch, breaker, fuse, light, etc replaced with oem equipment. The entire stereo, all amps, Stereo, remote, Sirius receiver and Antenna, 4 10" subs, 12 Diamond Audio speakers, wiring, fuses replaced. New swim platform, new seat bases and wind deflectors. All Brand new Livorsi platinum gauges, GPS, lowrance depth gauge, etc. New carpet and upholstry work.
Motors completly gone through, new ECMs, Vortechs completely gone through., new alternators, starters, trim pumps, hatch pump, hatch actuator, batteries, trim pumps, etc. All cosmetic touch ups. Ask Trick what was spent with him. Other then those few things, I guess, "Nothing" was done. Basially, everything that can be replaced was. Add up the parts above, throw a few hundred hours of labor on it, and that was it!
The boat looks better then the day the previous owner bought the boat.

Bob280Silencer 01-23-2006 10:43 PM

LubeJobs42,Quite a "nothing" list.Would have been easier to list the stuff you didn't change.Beautiful boat.BOB

rhd3038 01-24-2006 05:36 PM

Wow, cant wait for Phil to run the bus over that one....hope nobody asks his opinion of it!!!

PurpleStuff 01-24-2006 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by OldSchool
I'd be willing to bet a few cases of beer that "DaDaDa" isn't your first screenname on this website. ;)

thats not cool to pick on new members. that is, unless you know them or have had some experience with them... :cool: