Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wilma and Ft. Lauderdale show (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/114686-wilma-ft-lauderdale-show.html)

Codered 10-19-2005 06:48 AM

Wilma and Ft. Lauderdale show

Any info comments or thoughts.

DollaBill 10-19-2005 07:51 AM

Re: Wilma and Ft. Lauderdale show

yes........................uh oh!

Formula Outlaw 10-19-2005 07:57 AM

Would you put your boat out on display in the middle of a hurricane? Would you attend a boat show in the middle of a hurricane?

DyD 10-19-2005 08:14 AM

The boats start to move in today and for the rest of the week untill Tuesday. Hopefully they all have the correct insurance. Will some worried owners pull there boats from the show, YES.

Fort Lauderdale is packed with large yachts right now, I mean packed, we have had to put boats down south because there is no more dockage left here in town without paying an arm and a leg.

The storm should be gone by monday and hopefully things can get back to normal by the start of the show on Thursday.

Wanna to buy a Yacht ??

Dean Ferry 10-19-2005 08:21 AM

You got to be joking if you think anyone is going to drive/fly SOUTH towards the STRONGEST HURRICANE ON RECORD! :eek:
I-95 will probobly be turned into all lanes NORTHBOUND by Friday. :eek:
If I lived in south Fl. I would prepping for the storm, forget the boat show. I live on Merritt Island, and I'm doing strom prep now! :(
Dean

DollaBill 10-19-2005 12:28 PM

We were supposed to start stacking boats in Bahia Mar today but got a call at 9 AM that no boats are allowed until AT LEAST Sunday. I don't know how everyone is going to get everything set up in less than 1/2 the normal time. We had 55+ boats scheduled for display. It's going to be a world class mess.

Magicfloat 10-19-2005 02:04 PM

www.tradeonlytoday.com

BLee 10-19-2005 02:15 PM

If they can make it through this weekend it should be fine. They will have to work overtime to get it set up, but I'm sure it can be pulled off.

Magicfloat 10-19-2005 02:41 PM

Karen was to leave tomorrow for the Tige Boats dealer meeting in Marathon,FL. Yesterday they postponed the meeting until Dec.Only choice they had I guess. :(

asg 10-21-2005 10:08 AM

No boats allowed in yet... Should make for an interesting show if they can set it up in one day, if the power is still on... not sure how they are going to do that. I am sure there are going to be a lot of unhappy exhibitors. They have been moving boats into the convention center.