Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Judgement against houston propeller (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/114793-judgement-against-houston-propeller.html)

shewbart 10-21-2005 08:57 AM

Re: Judgement against houston propeller

I think he was talking about how it would help throttle up not that the judgement was against them I think you must have read it wrong. Throttle Up GOOD - Houston Propeller BAD hope that clears it up for you.

CigDaze 10-21-2005 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed
I guess at this point even if you don't get your cash, you will end up doing enough damage to his business by posting on the net. If I were you I would continue to post the chit out of this info on every boating site you can find. Soon, the owner of throttle up will sit back and think to himself "maybe I should have paid that guy". I know you have certainly changed my mind about where to send my props.
Thanks for the insight.

HOUSTON PROPELLER

NOT Throttle Up.

CigDaze 10-21-2005 09:02 AM

Nevermind, I see what you mean now.

Throttle Up should be paying Houston for sending business their way.
;)

Tantrum 10-21-2005 09:03 AM

Dont confuse with Throttle-up.
Matt and Julie run a good business and work hard to please their customers. Ive had good experiences with Throttle-up. Ive been using Brett @ BBlades and he has pulled through for me several times when I "needed props by the weekend".
I would recommend them both.

Houston has had several posts of disatisfied customer, I glad Shewbart did the right thing by letting us know and showing the facts. I hope to see some sort of restitution.

ZP\'d 10-21-2005 12:09 PM

I actually had to have Throttle - Up "FIX" a "propeller lab special" by this Gentlemen in the Judgement so I can't say my dealings were good with him.. :mad: First it took FOREVER and many calls to get my prop back, then when I did it looked as if a 10 year old had broke out his Grandfathers 1945 grinding wheel to the trailing edges, not to mention the p%$& poor finish on the prop. :rolleyes: It was bad enough and long enough of a wait that I had no intention of giving him another crack at it! Just learned my lesson and lived with the loss coin.

I paid Throttle - Up to do it over and it came back (in 10 days during their busy season) the way you'd expect a lab job to come back. Matt and Julie will forever have my biz and are a VERY reputable biz! :drink:

I hope that Darin does the right thing and pay's the Judgement. Maybe he had a bad day (REALLY BAD!) when he was doing my prop, but it's past time to own up and PAY -UP to this fellow boater regardless of who's sick, who owns the biz or whatever!!!

yesrej 10-21-2005 01:03 PM

ive been on the teambaja board and all ive heard from them is darin has done some great work on there props. i was going to send my propto him because of what ive heard and the fact that i own a baja i just thought that he was the right guy to send it to. after reading this i am not sure that was the right idea. thank you for posting this. hmmm... now who do it send it to. throttle up or bblades????

Audiofn 10-21-2005 01:14 PM

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/...8/anderson.wav

Anarchy Powerboats 10-21-2005 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Yes, my CC was actually charged before I got my props shipped out the next day. Thought it was strange too, but figured that is how business is done in Texas. :D

For service that seems odd to charge up front, Fred @ Trick charged for my strainers immediately but they were in stock and thats how you do it with retail.

obnoxus 10-21-2005 02:01 PM

Cant comment on Houston as I have no experience with them.
But since there name came up,,, Yes,, Throttle UP is excellent to deal with,

LIVING LOUD 10-21-2005 02:15 PM

Darin--- Great to here your life is miserable...

May your luck continue.
RIP

Allen Plott