Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Just "bring it" Wilma, got my 5pt. belt on.. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/115010-just-bring-wilma-got-my-5pt-belt.html)

Cash Bar 10-24-2005 12:25 AM

Just "bring it" Wilma, got my 5pt. belt on..

Got the house buckled down tight. Got food, water and a new Hiiasen book to read. My little dog has his life-jacket and doggles on. :D

We ARE NOT goin' down easy!!!!

OSO Steve, buyafountain and others hunkered down at OSO HQ for the party........ :rolleyes: We had a meeting at the OSO regional command center( Beach Place Hooters) today to pass a memo on line of secession....... :cool:

Apparently, if the storm takes out 47 locals, and a midget in Bermuda, I get control of OSO. :drink: Bye, bye Packinfudge.... :D

Seriously, this thing is headed right for us as a Cat. 3, everyone, please be safe. Check in when you can, I know it may be hard with power situations.........

Greg

PS- Maybe Bill Hionas will get hit buy a tree.......... :rolleyes:

Tantrum 10-24-2005 12:34 AM

Re: Just "bring it" Wilma, got my 5pt. belt on..

Hope everyone makes it through unscathed
Be safe

Formula Outlaw 10-24-2005 02:33 AM

It's 3:30 am right now and we are getting hit pretty good. Gusting winds to about 55 mph right now, I'm in Nokomis, just south of Sarasota, northern border of Venice.

Raining like no tomorrow. They say we could see gusts up to 80 mph later this morning, from basically dawn until maybe 10:30 am. Winds in Wilma now up to 120 mph. Expected to stay there until landfall.

Right now looks like it's going to come ashore around Marco Island.

Definitely getting hit harder than I really expected. I've got 3 covers on the boat, both bungy cords and cotton rope tying all three in place and have the trailer tongue chained off both sides with deep stakes.

Chit is it starting to blow. Be safe everyone.

SpeedGirl 10-24-2005 06:18 AM

Be safe everyone..... I just heard on the news that it will cross over Florida and merge with ALFA the other storm and head North to us :eek:

everyone check in often so we can keep track of ya all......

xxoo

Canada Jeff 10-24-2005 06:45 AM

My Uncle flew down to FL Sat morning. I don't why, I think he just want to see this thing :-)

bajabob38 10-24-2005 06:52 AM

Hang on

ScottB 10-24-2005 07:17 AM

Seeing 67mph sustained winds here in Jupiter right now, the eyewall is a few hours away

Formula Outlaw 10-24-2005 08:06 AM

Wilma came ashore 23 miles south of Naples as a Category 3 with 125 mph winds. Luckily that area is largely unpopulated but now is making a beeline towards Miami/Ft. lauderdale area. It's halfway across the state now and is STILL a Category 3 with 120 mph winds.

We seem to have gotten out quite lucky. We have one very very small roof leak. A drop hits the bucket about every 45 seconds. Consider what we went through I'd say that's not too bad. Have talked to some of my neighbors and everybody is having roof leaks. We really got blasted by wind driven rain and still are. Not expecting to die down until around 11:00 am or so. Then going to get cold.

Cuda will need his "blankie".....:eek: :D

cuda 10-24-2005 08:21 AM

We got a lot of wind and rain earlier this morning, the wind has died down, but it's still raining. Still very dark outside, and getting very cool.

lonestar382 10-24-2005 08:37 AM

I wonder what Ft. Lauderdale is getting? I am due to fly in tomorrow at 12:45, so I hope everyone and everything is okay.

Corey