Notices

greatest apache ever?

Old 11-09-2005, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Re: greatest apache ever?

Magnum I will always run her, thats what she was built for, will have to hook up down toward Carl's this coming summer. Take care, Steve.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
dont show it DRIVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!m.m...
Gee, I thought I put it on the boat lift every summer to help hold up the seawall. MM, you have an award winning grasp of the obvious.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Registered

Since I have been a student of the Apache 101 class here on OSO...I do see a few counterfeit Apaches in this thread....
Old 11-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ApacheCarl
Gee, I thought I put it on the boat lift every summer to help hold up the seawall. MM, you have an award winning grasp of the obvious.
and a nice sea wall at that!30 hours in a summer is not alot of boating in my book..........mark..........p.s...how fast did your boat run with 800 mercs?..............i like you flat top fuel tanks......they dont gather water on the top rear. right?.....m.m......
Old 11-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speaking of "counterfeits" ... Here's one that may get a few votes ???
Attached Thumbnails greatest apache ever?-wwsmoke.jpg   greatest apache ever?-wwbilge.jpg   greatest apache ever?-wwsmoke1.jpg  

Old 11-09-2005, 03:30 PM
Registered

Has mine.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by el indio
and a nice sea wall at that!30 hours in a summer is not alot of boating in my book..........mark..........p.s...how fast did your boat run with 800 mercs?..............i like you flat top fuel tanks......they dont gather water on the top rear. right?.....m.m......
Didn't get the boat back till the middle of July. Then I had the annual trip to Cedar Point with the kids at the end of July. Then ran into problems at work which took me out for boating for 2 weeks in August. Add on top of that Junior golf and tennis for the kids, the start of soccer for my oldest kid, my own crappy golf handicap that really needs work, the wife, who likes boating, but not quite as much as me, doesn't like to boat ALL the time and nevermind how hard it is to get babysitters............etc etc etc I think 30 hours in 2 months is pretty good

Boat ran 88 mph with the Merc 800's, fresh water, never ran it in salt with those motors. When the boat was originally built the drives were about an inch to low. Warhawk was the first 41 Apache built with #6 drives, so mounting height was not an exact science back then. As more boats were built the drives were mounted higher.

WarHawk will go faster when I get the drive height dailed in. Calculated my slip at 16% WOT. 21% at 4000 rpm . Drives are a 1/2"- 3/4" to high, i'm making some 1/2" and 3/4" spacers now and will try them this winter/spring. Went a little high during the rebuild, but, I'd rather be a little high to start, mucho easier going down. Should go close to 100 when I'm done, but as of right now, its 96 mph. Too much slip.

Yes, the tanks were made flat on top and the area from the outside of the tank to the hull is sloped in a little so no water sits back there. That standing water in those areas was a pet peeve of mine.

I also had the the fill tubes on the tanks extend 1.5" into the tank. This keeps you from over filling the tanks and having fuel burb out of the breathers all the time. Lost a little capacity, maybe 5 gallons, but fuel burn is so low on the injected motors, its not an issue. With 4 tanks I still have about a 160 mile range, which is all I need(any longer range would just cause me to get lost )

Last edited by ApacheCarl; 11-09-2005 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ApacheCarl
Boat ran 88 mph with the Merc 800's, fresh water, never ran it in salt with those motors. )
Carl
Amazing what a little weight will do huh? Your 800's are now pushing my 32 skater 135. Your boat looked great at red dock when I met you this fall. Keep up the testing 100 is a fun benchmark even if you only do it once. NK
Old 11-10-2005, 08:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Carl
Amazing what a little weight will do huh? Your 800's are now pushing my 32 skater 135. Your boat looked great at red dock when I met you this fall. Keep up the testing 100 is a fun benchmark even if you only do it once. NK
135 mph ?????????? Your going to scare those poor little 800's !!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:45 AM
Registered

30 hours in two months? I was thinking about this yesterday when I was loading my boat up for S.Fl., I checked th hour meters and I put a whopping 44 hours on mine since Aug. of '04. Man, I'm gonna were this thing out quickly. I guess when you boat on a lake that you can cover from one end to the other in 30 minutes you don't put alot of time on them

Robert

Quick Reply: greatest apache ever?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.