Florida Key's under water ????? >

Florida Key's under water ?????

Notices

Florida Key's under water ?????

Old 10-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Florida Key's under water ?????

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
OMG.... I hate to show this but this is the beach that Outlawcowgirl is getting married on in a few weeks
Is it too early to start drinking?
Well, I guess we will play it by ear. I am glad no one was hurt but I am very sad to see such a beautiful place look so sad. EricG, I hope the best for you and your bride. I KNOW what she is going through right now. We are staying at the Reach but having the wedding on Smather's Beach...I hope.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just spoke to someone at Crabby Bills, he said everyone is in clean up mode and they are planning on being open for business. They have phone service, he said a lot of people in KW have phone service and power is spotty. He said the mayor officially cancelled fantasy fest but he thinks people will still come.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by skatermike24
We just got done building the new house so we need a little R&R we are going down on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, should be picking up the new boat next week. Its been a long time coming.
Great!!! Tell me about the new boat.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:30 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
I just spoke to someone at Crabby Bills, he said everyone is in clean up mode and they are planning on being open for business. They have phone service, he said a lot of people in KW have phone service and power is spotty. He said the mayor officially cancelled fantasy fest but he thinks people will still come.
Any word on the races?
Old 10-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Registered

Well I didn't get it yet, its in Key Largo, its a 27 Concept, waiting to hear from the owner to see if its still in one piece!
Old 10-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just spoke with the B&B where we are staying and they have no damage and no power, but phones. Once again she is worried about the lost revenue from Fantasy Fest. She said she couldn't imagine that the races would not go on, that the city will do eveything they can since they are losing 5 million a day in revenue. She said not only are they losing money now but because they closed the city down a week ago that hurt as well.

So Carrie, it seems like they are in clean up mode,so don't loose hope. Things will probably not be the same especially piers and docks but I am sure if the beach does not work out, somewhere nice down there will. Heck there is always Crabby Bills
Old 10-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Registered

Was on Monday
Attached Thumbnails Florida Key's under water ?????-dsignfront.jpg  
Old 10-25-2005, 06:23 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
I just spoke with the B&B where we are staying and they have no damage and no power, but phones. Once again she is worried about the lost revenue from Fantasy Fest. She said she couldn't imagine that the races would not go on, that the city will do eveything they can since they are losing 5 million a day in revenue. She said not only are they losing money now but because they closed the city down a week ago that hurt as well.

So Carrie, it seems like they are in clean up mode,so don't loose hope. Things will probably not be the same especially piers and docks but I am sure if the beach does not work out, somewhere nice down there will. Heck there is always Crabby Bills
Good deal. That makes me some what at ease.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thumbs up Re: Florida Key's under water ?????

I can guarantee the plans for the race will go on. I will know more when I get home tomorrow or thurs.
I think they are cleaning up personal property and trying to dry out while waiting for the extensive electrical work to get done throughout the city. All they need is the power back and things will carry on.
Communication is very spotty right now, but I would suggest in a day or so to call your individual hotels to see what their status is.
If I have power in Marathon, I will let you know more as I hear it. Think positive...........we are!
PD
Old 10-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fantasy Fest Hasn't Been cancelled so that is a great sign

Quick Reply: Florida Key's under water ?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.