Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   long lost members (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/115051-long-lost-members.html)

fund razor 10-26-2005 05:38 AM

Re: long lost members

Originally Posted by License To Thrill
I was responding to allegations of not being a patriot. You need to keep out of it.

I am not surprised that actual Vietnam war veterans do not want to include you in their class.

I was making an observation on a thread about where the long lost members have gone.

Since I stopped coming around because YOU in specific are a bad apple spoiling the bunch, the fact that YOU are on this very thread pulling your crap was actually very relevant to this thread.

The plain and simple truth is that many of us have abandoned the forum because of you.

Maybe you should post your own thread in which you can get defensive about your military service and bash the president or whatever your agenda is. And everyone who comes to OSO for that kind of thing can post over there.

This thread is about what happened to the members that we all used to look forward to... and what has happened to the forum to make them stop coming.

In all honesty... I appreciate you helping make my point for me.

Now... you go back to ruining OSO and I will go back to ignoring you. Which, unfortunatly means avoiding OSO.
I will gladly re-up my membership when they get control.
The only way for me to express my disdain for where things are going is to withhold my CC numbers until you are gone.

Maybe when OSO suffers enough attrition they will regain control of the forum and enforce the terms of service.

I understand that you were banned before Mr. Catmando.
I also understand why.

The only difference is that the last time they must have banned you before a bunch of people got sick of you and walked away.

Miller 10-26-2005 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by DJD
Miller! You old dawg. Where have you been?
Yep, I'm still here. Member #7, not too shabby :drink:
I actually ran into BlondeCigChick up at the Norwalk CT boat show last month. Waterspeed /Marcus/ occasionally chimes in with something to say

I've been around. But, with travel for work and killer hours at the office, I don't do much but hang out with my girlfriend. In fact, we're both so busy that if we didn't live together, we'd never see one another.

But, here's an idea, drag your arse to the city one night, and we'll get some sushi. I'll see if I can even drag in T2x for it since he comes in regularly to eat. Who knows, maybe there will even be a beer or 6 heading your way! :drink:

I spoke to BCC a couple months ago. But, have not spoken to Marcus in some time. Bust his balls for me, would you? :evilb:

And, as number 17, I wasn't far behind you! :D

Miller 10-26-2005 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Gordo
and Miller!! Good to see ya man!

Good to be seen. How are you?

Payton 10-26-2005 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by fund razor
I am not surprised that actual Vietnam war veterans do not want to include you in their class.

I was making an observation on a thread about where the long lost members have gone.

Since I stopped coming around because YOU in specific are a bad apple spoiling the bunch, the fact that YOU are on this very thread pulling your crap was actually very relevant to this thread.

The plain and simple truth is that many of us have abandoned the forum because of you.

Maybe you should post your own thread in which you can get defensive about your military service and bash the president or whatever your agenda is. And everyone who comes to OSO for that kind of thing can post over there.

This thread is about what happened to the members that we all used to look forward to... and what has happened to the forum to make them stop coming.

In all honesty... I appreciate you helping make my point for me.

Now... you go back to ruining OSO and I will go back to ignoring you. Which, unfortunatly means avoiding OSO.
I will gladly re-up my membership when they get control.
The only way for me to express my disdain for where things are going is to withhold my CC numbers until you are gone.

Maybe when OSO suffers enough attrition they will regain control of the forum and enforce the terms of service.

I also understand why.

The only difference is that the last time they must have banned you before a bunch of people got sick of you and walked away.

In all fairness, someone did ask where is Catmando. It didn't have to turn political. On this thread, The Catman didn't throw the first stone.
Take it to the Bilge, or give it a rest.

Audiofn 10-26-2005 07:19 AM

Wow this thread stayed on topic for about 5 posts........

THAY is why so many have left.... To much BS.

It used to take ALL Evening to read the threads of interest but now you can do it in a few min. Stec and his biatches have replaced Travis as the wise guys in town and Travis is still lurking. It is still OSO just different I guess......

Jon

cuda 10-26-2005 07:20 AM

I also understand why.

Which time? :rolleyes:

CigDaze 10-26-2005 08:00 AM

Ok Steve. Try this.

Hey Nick...

It used to be like a virtual yacht club. When I needed a part, OSO was there. When I needed a laugh, OSO was there. When I was looking for a different gig... strangers and friends alike offered me options. When my system crashed... a member met me in a parking lot with a hard drive.
When my boat had trouble and it was my busy season at work, a member fixed it for me. And launched it for me to make sure it was ok. When my niece donated a kidney to my sister... three hundred people prayed for my family. When my boat was looking like it was parked... Bill offered me a seat at the Fountain SBI. When members have needed something... I have tried to be there too.

It used to all just kind of work out somehow. Maybe the truly friendly evolved off site. I know that I have met many people that I keep in touch with in my area in real life and others via email.

Not sure if the old members changed or the site did. But I still feel like being in touch with some people... like you... for example.

Things change, people change, time goes by....it's inevitable - Some good, some not to good, some downright shtty. The neighborhood I grew up in is barely recognizable.

Bottom line, there's a whole lot more good being passed around than bad, so it just takes some wading.

You're definately one of the good guys, stick around, have fun.

:)

CigDaze 10-26-2005 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by License To Thrill
I served during Vietnam. Have you ever served, or are you an Armchair Warrior like those that infest the bu$h administration?

You were in the BAND! :rolleyes:
Get over it.

DJD 10-26-2005 08:03 AM

Ok Steve. Try this.

Hey Nick...

It used to be like a virtual yacht club. When I needed a part, OSO was there. When I needed a laugh, OSO was there. When I was looking for a different gig... strangers and friends alike offered me options. When my system crashed... a member met me in a parking lot with a hard drive.
When my boat had trouble and it was my busy season at work, a member fixed it for me. And launched it for me to make sure it was ok. When my niece donated a kidney to my sister... three hundred people prayed for my family. When my boat was looking like it was parked... Bill offered me a seat at the Fountain SBI. When members have needed something... I have tried to be there too.

It used to all just kind of work out somehow. Maybe the truly friendly evolved off site. I know that I have met many people that I keep in touch with in my area in real life and others via email.

Not sure if the old members changed or the site did. But I still feel like being in touch with some people... like you... for example.

Ahhh, I remember those days. I have met & am still friends with many OSOers. I have given away perf. parts that were sitting in the garage to people who needed things but were having problems with cash, I have found people to pick up or deliver parts for me (and they never charged), I've borrowed special tools, people have found hotels for me, marinas and I have gained countless tips & local information of all the different places I have taken a boat. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen still, I guess it was a smaller, close nit bunch way back in the beginning.
Dave

Chris288 10-26-2005 08:11 AM

There were a lot less ass hats back then... One or two would come and go every so often,,, now it seems like they have all stayed.... :rolleyes: