Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   long lost members (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/115051-long-lost-members.html)

Anarchy Powerboats 10-25-2005 01:43 PM

Re: long lost members

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I am not accusing anyone of being such. Chris is right in his assumption of my reply. Again, knowing how awful people can be, and how twisted things become, I just don't want to see OSO become a jury of public opinion. This topic has been beaten to death, to a point where is has cast a shadow over OSO. Its better to just refer to the situtation as a certain individual is working through some legal issues, and there is no place for its discussion on OSO.

Im surprised you have such a tolerant opinion after the microscope was put on OSO after the cops went through his stuff (computer) and the OSO uncensored section went down by about 20K posts.

buck183 10-25-2005 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
nobody cares about you.... :drink: :eek:

BTW, i must of reset it when i re-ran my cord, but i was on level 0, no wonder no power... :rolleyes: put it back on 5, i will need some spare transmissions laying around if i keep it on that... :eek: :drink: :evilb:

Now we're talking. I bet you thought I sold you some defective parts before that...LOL. I can see why you thought the gains were minimal, there weren't any.

Go smoke some sports cars for me now.

Buck

DJD 10-25-2005 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Miller
-BCC has a baby now and lives in Long Island, NY. She sold the Cigarette. but, the family has an Outerlimits with big power and 6s.
-DJD has 2 kids (maybe more?) and a big sport fish.
-Waterspeed has a couple of kids (maybe more) and, last I heard, was boatless but occassionally competing in sailboat regattas and/or cocktail cruises with DJD.

Miller! You old dawg. Where have you been?
Yep, I'm still here. Member #7, not too shabby :drink:
I actually ran into BlondeCigChick up at the Norwalk CT boat show last month. Waterspeed /Marcus/ occasionally chimes in with something to say

CigDaze 10-25-2005 02:07 PM

I am not accusing anyone of being such. Chris is right in his assumption of my reply. Again, knowing how awful people can be, and how twisted things become, I just don't want to see OSO become a jury of public opinion. This topic has been beaten to death, to a point where is has cast a shadow over OSO. Its better to just refer to the situtation as a certain individual is working through some legal issues, and there is no place for its discussion on OSO.

I respect you, Sydwayz, but to single out this one person and this one incident to be completely sheltered from the "OSO microscope" just seems a bit strange. Should we not have discussed Scott Peterson or Michael Jackson before their trial? What about pending manatee lawsuits? New Orleans Cops charged with their beatings? The jury is still out on a lot of topics we discuss regularly. And to really stick a wrench in things, what are your thoughts on O.J.? The courts said no, but did he do it?

Just pontificating, no disrespect meant to you.

Gordo 10-25-2005 02:20 PM

Thought I'd fill in some of the names listed...
Tanned Fat Looks Better- is alive and well, usually hanging out on Midwest boat party. He and his wife got back together and even re-married. He went through a medical retirement from the fire Department and is now delivering fire trucks and ambulances all over the nation. He sold his 21 ChrisCraft and now has an early 90's 270 Baja.
Lutz party and Miss Amy- are doing well last I heard. I talk to Kevin on occasion and saw him at the Shootout in their 31 Formula. Still looks like new but it sounds like he is thinking of selling, maybe to go back to a cruiser with a pole? :eek: :D
Shane Meiheu <sp?>- had some pretty serious health issues but sounds like he's getting back on track and has been keeping really busy with a new business (1 year old?). He and his family seems to be doing great.
Troutly- Saw him and his family on the waterat the Harbor hop a couple of weeks ago. We talked for a bit, Seems to be doing good. For the record, I like him and his family and respect his privacy in his personal matters. I also STRONGLY feel that someone is innocent until proven guilty. If he is indeed guilty then I'm sure he will get his due which he will pay the rest of his life. BUT, if he is innocent, I feel for him and his family because it will still affect him the rest of his life.

and Miller!! Good to see ya man!

pullmytrigger 10-25-2005 02:21 PM

"Pontificating"............good word!!!!

and I agree with everything you said in the post by the way........its OK to talk about such things respectfully so long as it doesnt turn into a dirty chit slinging slander contest.......and if it does OSO should post some warnings to cool it down or they'll poof it ........but give the thread a chance before automatically giving it the boot........doug

Sydwayz 10-25-2005 02:40 PM

Its all been debated to death here. Its gotten ugly several times, and people just become stupid and irrational. I agree that no matter what the outcome, its absolutely horrible. I have another personal friend also going through a horrible tradegy and associated legal issues. OSO is supposed to be about BOATING. Its not Off-Jury-Only.com.

Anarchy Powerboats 10-25-2005 03:22 PM

OSO is supposed to be about BOATING. Its not Off-Jury-Only.com.

That name is available if you want it Sydwayz I just checked :D You cant possibly NOT equate OSO with the modern day "water cooler" and being that it is exactly that there will be such discussion. The fact OSO is a boating site doesn't mean squat, all these sites are is rallying points for like minded and like inclined people and once were here we will socialize as anyone else would, this includes gossip and speculation. Anyone who has ever been to the uncensored section on this site ( that would be ALL of you) has seen a few pics by several people and for sure gone "uhhhhhh that doesn't look ummmm 18+ " it was for that reason that I didn't post pics of my ex because when we first met she looked like she was 17 when she was really 21. People are people and they will throw out there opinions to see if there are any others with the same or maybe they just want to stir the pot.
Anyhow, where the hell is Ed Cozzi, I like that guy and his stories.

cuda 10-25-2005 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by CigDaze
I respect you, Sydwayz, but to single out this one person and this one incident to be completely sheltered from the "OSO microscope" just seems a bit strange. Should we not have discussed Scott Peterson or Michael Jackson before their trial? What about pending manatee lawsuits? New Orleans Cops charged with their beatings? The jury is still out on a lot of topics we discuss regularly. And to really stick a wrench in things, what are your thoughts on O.J.? The courts said no, but did he do it?

Just pontificating, no disrespect meant to you.

Well put Nick. I myself have no interest in debating the subject, but I don't think it should be taboo, and a reason for poof***e.

bouyhunter 10-25-2005 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
You cant possibly not equate OSO with the modern day "water cooler" and being that it is exactly that there will such discussion. The fact OSO is a boating site doesn't mean squat, all these sites are is rallying points for like minded and like inclined people and once were here we will socialize as anyone else would, this includes gossip and speculation.

Agreed.
My wife, and some of my friends at work wonder why I spend time at this site. I just answer " It's like going to the corner bar, having a few beers and B.S.'ing with the guy sitting next to you - EXCEPT - the guy next to you ALSO is into high-performance boats.
Leaves a helluva lot more to talk about that I actually give a sh!t about.
And just like the corner bar, some are great regulars you look forward to running into, some are azzholes. In your book, I could be either of the two, and I'm OK with that. In my book you could be either of the two as well.
None the less, we all love performance boating. But, life is more than just boats, and alot goes on in this world. It's good that we can talk about things not boat related with someone that at least agrees with you on one thing - boating.

.02 - charge it to my next membership renewal...
:D