Notices

long lost members

Old 10-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: long lost members

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
That name is available if you want it Sydwayz I just checked You cant possibly not equate OSO with the modern day "water cooler" and being that it is exactly that there will such discussion. The fact OSO is a boating site doesn't mean squat, all these sites are is rallying points for like minded and like inclined people and once were here we will socialize as anyone else would, this includes gossip and speculation. Anyone who has ever been to the uncensored section on this site ( that would be ALL of you) has seen a few pics by several people and for sure gone "uhhhhhh that doesn't look ummmm 18+ " it was for that reason that I didn't post pics of my ex because when we first met she looked like she was 17 when she was really 21. People are people and they will throw out there opinions to see if there are any others with the same or maybe they just want to stir the pot.
Anyhow, where the hell is Ed Cozzi, I like that guy and his stories.

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Agreed.
My wife, and some of my friends at work wonder why I spend time at this site. I just answer " It's like going to the corner bar, having a few beers and B.S.'ing with the guy sitting next to you - EXCEPT - the guy next to you ALSO is into high-performance boats.
Leaves a helluva lot more to talk about that I actually give a sh!t about.
And just like the corner bar, some are great regulars you look forward to running into, some are azzholes. In your book, I could be either of the two, and I'm OK with that. In my book you could be either of the two as well.
None the less, we all love performance boating. But, life is more than just boats, and alot goes on in this world. It's good that we can talk about things not boat related with someone that at least agrees with you on one thing - boating.

.02 - charge it to my next membership renewal...
I like the way you guys think.

I've been saying the same thing for a long time. OSO reminds me of a favorite dockside bar. We gather as boaters, maybe on a poker run stop, for the simple reason that we are all boaters, but there's so much more than that. We share a common bond, in the way we go about the day, BS about our boats and a great day on the water, but there's a tremendous amount of "other" things that we have in common. Undoubtedly, while sitting on the dockside bar, someone will say "did you hear about so and so" or "you won't believe this sht" or "I heard a great joke..." We're friends, family, barmates, coworkers, and fellow boaters all at the same time.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Steve_H
time for some pics. recognize anyone
Dave Navaro is one ugly sumbitsh!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Registered

CigDaze - back atcha buddy...
Old 10-25-2005, 07:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Dave Navaro is one ugly sumbitsh!
..........with the biggest dome I've ever seen........barring Norty's five head.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 43Thunder
Last I heard the girl recanted her story saying she made it up. Still doesn't help his situation being accused and all. I'm sure he would appreciate all of our support as he has helped more than enough of us at different times.

I'm sure he has had enough to deal with in the mess and for us to stand in judgement is wrong. I personally hope that all turns out well for him and he can continue on with his life as best he can, with or without OSO
Well, there is some good news to hear about Troutly!!!!!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

blue thunder,

Thanks for the good news on Kook's friend. I followed his situation and was hoping to hear something good.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
You cant possibly not equate OSO with the modern day "water cooler" and being that it is exactly that there will such discussion. The fact OSO is a boating site doesn't mean squat, all these sites are is rallying points for like minded and like inclined people and once were here we will socialize as anyone else would, this includes gossip and speculation.
You can't possibly not see that that it is that there is a good point.

In all seriousness. You could get a masters in sociology with stuff like that.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Folks sometimes really disappoint me, and others wonder why the old time OSO with widespread participation of very well respected members has faded. Sometimes I wonder when we will all grow up and not feel life is still an episode of 90210. I was just reading an email on this subject from an old friend here on OSO (you know who you are) and talking with another new friend also on OSO that I am very close to, and realized the loss of kinship that I enjoyed with many, which has now become few.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 10-25-2005 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Registered

Fund, sorry I missed you last weekend. Wound up hooking up with GlassDave - good time, great guy.
We'll hook up next time, or maybe at the boat show when the water is too hard to run
Old 10-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Registered

That's ok. I ended up busy and looked at your phone number and felt guilty for not calling. Glad that you hooked up with Dave. He's runs with a bunch of good dudes.

I will give you a ring and give you an alternative method to contact me. For reasons that Sydwayz has pointed out... I have taken it off forum mostly.

This thread just caught my interest for obvious reasons.

I like ya Sydwayz... but the Metal Racing guy did make a good point.

Quick Reply: long lost members

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.