Notices

here we go...

Old 10-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts
Default Re: here we go...

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Power joke Mag. SUCKS! It's out of touch with it's readers!
Dean
Dean, get over it.

If it's so out of touch why is it the #1 selling performance boating magazine? You speak for a small majority.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:01 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thisistank
If it's so out of touch why is it the #1 selling performance boating magazine? You speak for a small majority.
because the others suck even more?

i subscribe to all of them, but they all pretty much pale incomparision to the internet anymore... i don't read much in the mags anymore because it is about 90-120 days behind... just the nature of print media i guess.... i still look at the pictures...
Old 10-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

To much info on the wrong boats for me and no info about power, drives, trans, and whatnots. I look at the pictures too but thats about it.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
because the others suck even more?

i subscribe to all of them, but they all pretty much pale incomparision to the internet anymore... i don't read much in the mags anymore because it is about 90-120 days behind... just the nature of print media i guess.... i still look at the pictures...

Exactly. Although I stopped subscribing long ago. Thinking of getting EBM though.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Family and Performance boat magazine dose alot of parts testing and alot of tech articles, although they aint always playing with the big buck boats I still think it's one fo the better ones out there.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HigherPower
I agree with everything said, but still love the magazine. How many performance boat magazines are there anyway?

Anyone seen the preview copy of Speedboat magazine? It is being published by Boating Magazine starting with the Jan 06 issue. They sent me one in the mail, and I thought it had quite a few interesting articles and a somewhat new approach to the high performance boating magazine.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Exactly. Although I stopped subscribing long ago. Thinking of getting EBM though.
I got EBM this year. They have a bit different approach and are doing stories on boats and people in the business, rather than the kinds of reviews in PB and hotboat. They aren't very regular in their releases though, they just kind of show up when they get one done. I think I have gotten 5 this year.

I've enjoyed that format so far. My hotboat expires next month, I think I am going to leave it expired and look for something else to replace it.