Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What type of boat is in the movie "Sahara"? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/115270-what-type-boat-movie-sahara.html)

bmanafort 10-27-2005 05:59 PM

What type of boat is in the movie "Sahara"?

Anyone know the type of boat that is in the movie Sahara?

offshoredrillin 10-27-2005 06:21 PM

Re: What type of boat is in the movie "Sahara"?

a junk one, i heard them reference scarab(to scarabs chagrin), but rest assured its a movie boat with many panels screwed on to make it look cool...think Munster car...all show no blow...

masher44 10-27-2005 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
...all show no blow...

so it's a Tiger? :evilb:

offshoredrillin 10-27-2005 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
so it's a Tiger? :evilb:

mine runs...on 8 plugs(per motor) no less....:evilb:

jhiguy377 10-27-2005 08:23 PM

Its a British boat with a name that now eludes me- something like Medstar or something

Rforsey 10-27-2005 08:37 PM

bmanafort ,

I too wanted to know what boat that was...maybe if all the guys are done joking they can really tell us. yes I know some of the scenes are beyond what you would do to a boat..but I still want to know what it is . and where to find one, and if Matthew comes with it that is a plus :evilb:
Kell

offshoredrillin 10-27-2005 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rforsey
bmanafort ,

I too wanted to know what boat that was...maybe if all the guys are done joking they can really tell us. yes I know some of the scenes are beyond what you would do to a boat..but I still want to know what it is . and where to find one, and if Matthew comes with it that is a plus :evilb:
Kell

I was serious, I read somwhere that they took a scarab and made it up to look special. Same as hulk hogans boat in whatever movie that was.

lemme guess you really dont think Herbie the love bug beat a race car do ya?

Rforsey 10-27-2005 08:50 PM

You have got to be kidding I hate punch buggies.... and I really want to know what type of boat that is... I think it was a cool older boat. with or with out Matthew. I like the lines and over all size of the boat I am guessing very late 80's. someone told me it might be a baja force but I am not so sure.

Rforsey 10-27-2005 08:52 PM

P.S. I would love a 67 Camaro that would kick the love bugs A**.

masher44 10-27-2005 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
mine runs...on 8 plugs(per motor) no less....:evilb:

ouch! I could still 73 on 7.... :evilb: