cant beat a deal like this >

cant beat a deal like this

Notices

cant beat a deal like this

Old 11-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: cant beat a deal like this

ya know, i wouldn't throw lies up here and open myself up to being sued. I'm not wealthy just a working stiff trying to move up a notch in boats. i cant take my family boating due to this situation. we've skipped over a few traditions because of this. it's brought stress and disappointment to my home and those in it. up to the moment the engines were proved to be allot older than expressed things with lcm were fantastic. i feel that if this was a brand new zero hour built for me boat i wouldn't be in this mess. but it is used and not what i was led to believe it to be. thats the issue. I'm sure lots of people have got a great deal and perfect service from lcm. I'm just asking why didn't i ???
posted earlier
So if the above logic about buying a used boat is true........if I buy a used car from the big GM dealership down the street and they say its a 2004 with 5000 miles on it, its up to ME to verify all this????.......and they have NO responsibility whatsoever????......just askin'

and that's why i'm makeing a fuss!

Last edited by seanv; 11-24-2005 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:25 PM
Banned

Whether LCM had a sterling reputation or not, I'd be bitter! They shouldn't have been duped, they are supposed to know their business. You can believe I'd expect more from a dealer from what he represented.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Registered

thanks cuda.
and to everyone for their opinions!!!
Old 11-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by cuda
Whether LCM had a sterling reputation or not, I'd be bitter! They shouldn't have been duped, they are supposed to know their business. You can believe I'd expect more from a dealer from what he represented.
i agree. that pretty much sums it up cuda.

seanv, if it was me, ide try and sit down, face to face, with LCM and try and work out some sort of compromise. gotta do it in person though. keep your cool and dont leave until you get whats fair.

good luck and keep us posted.

Old 11-24-2005, 09:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

A couple years ago, a friend of mine bought a used Cafe from Martin Marine.He did not have the boat surveyed,but was told that the motors were freshened up recently.Two months later he noticed some problems with the motors and notified Martin..Being too busy to use the boat,it was laid up for another 8 months.When he finally got around to using the boat he realized that both motors were in need of repair.After notifying Martin,they agreed to pay for a full freshen up by the local Merc dealer.(10 months later!) Bottom line:they stood behind their boat and did the right thing.Lake Cumberland should do the same.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pm203
A couple years ago, a friend of mine bought a used Cafe from Martin Marine.He did not have the boat surveyed,but was told that the motors were freshened up recently.Two months later he noticed some problems with the motors and notified Martin..Being too busy to use the boat,it was laid up for another 8 months.When he finally got around to using the boat he realized that both motors were in need of repair.After notifying Martin,they agreed to pay for a full freshen up by the local Merc dealer.(10 months later!) Bottom line:they stood behind their boat and did the right thing.Lake Cumberland should do the same.
thats all im asking for!!!!!
Old 11-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Registered

steve, i know thats the best way to get results but im 1900miles from his desk. makes it a tad tough ya know.and every phone conversation i've tried to be profesional and instead of yelling or swearing i just breath and chuckle.i've tried several times to call and the last one i even made it easier for him to fix this. his last word were "let me sleep on it". well, unless he's in a coma he's had a week to get back to me so now it goes to public forums and higher.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Banned

Well after seeing this post up this morning (thursday) I called Randy at LCM to let him know this thread was up. I normally speak to him a couple of times a week. He first words out of his mouth were this guy is an a__ H__e. He told me that he was going to have someone named steve get on it Friday morning so lets see what happens. Like we all know there are three sides to this story. We have all heard from Sean, I would like to hear the full story from Randy and then take those two and make the third one the facts. I am sure that there is alot more to this story than either Sean or Randy are saying. I have always watched Randy stand behind the boats that he sells, new or used, so something is not right here
Old 11-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Registered

thanks bg i hope this gets things going! im tired of waiting and want this over!
Old 11-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Registered

The car dealership analogy doesn't work. Unlike cars, boats are component built. Boat builders for the most part only manufacture the fiberglass and assemble component parts. If you blow a motor on a brand new boat who warranties it? Not the dealer (unless they are a warranty dealer for that motor) and not the boat builder. Not to mention the 100 other reasons boat and car dealers are different.

When is the last time you heard GM selling a new chassis minus motor and trans?

The better analogy is buying a house the Realtor says has a new roof. Then has you sign a contract that states that no verbal representation is made. In a nutshell that you are buying it after your own investigation and that you are not relying on any representations made orally.

I really hope this situation resolves itself to the satisfaction of both parties. I still haven't heard if the buyer signed waivers of survey or an as is waiver. If the motors were truely represented IN WRITING as the wrong year I would bet it wasn't done purposefully and they should do what they have to to make it right, within reason.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

Quick Reply: cant beat a deal like this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.