Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   cant beat a deal like this (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/115490-cant-beat-deal-like.html)

Dave M 11-25-2005 09:41 AM

Re: cant beat a deal like this

Did the dealer specifically state that the hull and the engines BOTH had 49 hours? And, that the engines were installed "NEW" when the boat was made? If, so it sounds like you were mislead.

It looks like that hour meter was OEM and probably is accurate of hours on the hull. Those engines do not look OEM.

ratman 11-25-2005 09:46 AM

the dealer misled with the 49 hours on the hour meter pic! i have always thought lcm was way out there with thier prices as well. the next national marine you say? you may have a point there :evilb:

OSO 11-25-2005 10:02 AM

Based on the comments in Post #13 at appears that this is dirty laundry. Please see the forum rules.

It is my understanding that the motors in this boat were 600sc's which were not produced since the 90's, I am doing further investigation.

Thread Closed.

OSO 11-26-2005 07:02 AM

The thread is being re-opened as LCM has requested to comment on the situation.

LakeCumberlandMarine 11-26-2005 07:04 AM

To all of the folks involved in the O.S.O. As an advertiser and member of O.S.O. Lake Cumberland Marine does not feel it necessary to post on the chat site; Although we have had numerous associates and clients call to inform us of the gossip on this thread. After reviewing a few of the posts, we felt it necessary to include a few of the facts that Mr. Verna has deliberately left out. First, Mr. Verna had ample opportunity to run the boat while in Somerset and was advised to. Our professional service team did run the boat and gave it thumbs up. Mr. Verna was aware the engines that were in the boat were 600 Mercury engines that the previous customer had installed in the American Offshore. He was also provided with the previous owner’s name and number to inquire about the history.

When Mr. Verna began to experience problems, he was told to bring the boat back to us so that we could service the boat. This he did not feel necessary. We then overnighted the parts that he requested. A few weeks later, he experienced a separate service issue. We then requested he bring the boat back to Somerset for the proper attention. The fact that he refused to allow Lake Cumberland Marine to do any service on the boat diminishes any opportunities Lake Cumberland Marine has to provide the proper service.

These are the only comments that Lake Cumberland Marine feels necessary to add to this thread.

Thanks for the support. Have a great Holiday Season.

cuda 11-26-2005 07:26 AM

The only question I have is, were they advertised as 49 hour engines, and if so, were they?

jb 11-26-2005 07:37 AM

I think both parties erred in this... Buyer for not checking it and relying on pics and conversation... And LCM for using the old..."bring it back for service" crap when the owner is 1900 miles away...
There is obviously much more to the reality in this story.. I hope both parties can come away with an amicable agreement...

Comanche3Six 11-26-2005 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by LakeCumberlandMarine
These are the only comments that Lake Cumberland Marine feels necessary to add to this thread.

condescending

Dave M 11-26-2005 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by cuda
The only question I have is, were they advertised as 49 hour engines, and if so, were they?

That seems to be the key question that is still unanswered.

It's been several years since 600SC's were produced. If I were interested in a 2004 hull that had motors that were not in production for several years, the history of the motors would of been my first question.

bgchuby01 11-26-2005 08:35 AM

Well Sean it seems like if you don't want to spend the $20,000 that you claim to need to fix the boat, you need to hook it to your tow vehicle and bring it back to them. Why should they pay retail labor rates to fix your boat when their own people can do it alot cheaper. As to the other people that will say no, if you break your tow vehicle you must take it to the dealership of that make, not to a local mechanic and then expect , chev or ford to reinburse you. I know you are 1900 miles away where ever that is but towing it to them is alot cheaper than spending $20,000 on repairs. And no I am not an employee of Randy, I am speaking out of the fact that I have heard to many good things about LCM from people in my own boat club and from others that I have towed from. If these 600 motors have not been made in awhile the fact that you did not know that they were not made in 2004 is your lack of knowledge with these boats and not the fault of LCM. I am sure if you spent as much time on this forum asking if those engines were made in 2004 you would have kwown what that you were getting into when you bought the boat.