Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   One Down One to Go (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/115633-one-down-one-go.html)

lucky strike 11-02-2005 09:09 PM

Re: One Down One to Go

Originally Posted by pm203
He is having them air lifted and dropped on the former owners home.

Good thought !!!!!

Think I'll just sell the two long blocks...no money left for air freight after this tab...... any takers ? The good one has 195 hrs. The other has 201 hrs. Broken valve.

LS

DirtyMoney 11-02-2005 11:02 PM

Is that a 525 or 600?

Sean H 11-02-2005 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by rbr2328
Is that a 525 or 600?

525... no supercharger on top.... :cool: :D :drink:

DirtyMoney 11-02-2005 11:58 PM

oops 2nd look airbreather looked like blower pulley just not high enough

Dean Ferry 11-03-2005 08:00 AM

WOW, that 525 only lasted 201 Hrs. before is lost a Valve? :eek:
Did you guys do a leak down before you bought it from the guy in CA?
That sucks!
Dean

skopi55 11-03-2005 08:13 AM

Lucky-

How much do you want for the pair? PM me if you need.

lucky strike 11-03-2005 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
WOW, that 525 only lasted 201 Hrs. before is lost a Valve? :eek:
Did you guys do a leak down before you bought it from the guy in CA?
That sucks!
Dean

Never did a leak down test------ I went out to Cali and ran the piss out of the boat for about an hour----solid all the way !
Who would think you would have to ck. a 525 efi with 165 hrs. on it.----- Well I think the valve that broke was a fault in the valve--- not the engine it self. Mercury Marine should have helped me out a little, but I tried to get them to do that but they said no way you are not the original owner & you are out of warranty.

Lucky Strike

Steet 11-03-2005 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Never did a leak down test------ I went out to Cali and ran the piss out of the boat for about an hour----solid all the way !
Who would think you would have to ck. a 525 efi with 165 hrs. on it.----- Well I think the valve that broke was a fault in the valve--- not the engine it self. Mercury Marine should have helped me out a little, but I tried to get them to do that but they said no way you are not the original owner & you are out of warranty.

Lucky Strike

I have the Ilmor 625's and would not even consider Mercury 525's or the new 600's over the Ilmors. The Ilmors are faster, more fuel efficient and lighter than the merc's for nearly the same money. I am a Chevy man and would not consider switching back to Merc's after having the Ilmors for almost 2 years.