Notices

Konrads on a Cat

Old 11-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Konrads on a Cat

Has anyone done it?
I thought there was a post a while back on a DCB or something but couldnt find it.
Any comments on how they would work as a Bravo conversion.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Registered

Default Re: Konrads on a Cat

First you need to buy a boat with Bravos Second you better bring more power than a Konrad can handle....

How is Stecz doing with baby chit under his fingernails?
Old 11-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is an excalibur cat there in Texas with konrads... and r-tec's intercooler system on the motors... TOMCAT.... look up r-tech threads... maybe I'll edit this post later with a link

here is the link
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ghlight=r-tech

Ernie

Last edited by TopSpin80; 11-01-2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by masher44
How is Stecz doing with baby chit under his fingernails?
He said it doesnt taste that bad
Old 11-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tantrum
Has anyone done it?
I thought there was a post a while back on a DCB or something but couldnt find it.
Any comments on how they would work as a Bravo conversion.
The DCB was done at Dorrs Marine Engines in Windham Me. As far as i know it's working well.

It is not a simple Bravo conversion, you need to add transmissions. It would be nice if they made a bolt on replacement for the Bravo... Maybe something in the future? Kurt?
Old 11-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Registered

Tyler Crockett recently provided the power for a 36' Spectre with Konrads. I believe that the power was T/598 w 10/71 blowers putting out over 1000 HP per engine.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:01 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Tazz
The DCB was done at Dorrs Marine Engines in Windham Me. As far as i know it's working well.

It is not a simple Bravo conversion, you need to add transmissions. It would be nice if they made a bolt on replacement for the Bravo... Maybe something in the future? Kurt?
All you need to do is open the hole up a bit, and the stand off box holds the trans. Engine doesnt move. This is on the ACE so I dont know about the 540.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:20 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

The DCB conversion was completed last April. The owner could not be happier with the boat. He logged close to 50 hrs with no issues at all behind Teague 800's
I personally spent many hours in the boat and man, what an impressive hull the 34 DCB is! Rock solid, no bad manners at all. We set it up with 1:33 gears and the best run to date was 126.0 mph on GPS spinning a Bblades labbed 34 Maximus @ 6000 (on the limiter)

I'm presently travelling, I'll post pics when I return home.

[email protected]
Old 11-02-2006, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's some pictures of the conversion of TOMCAT the boat.

Rtech and Konrad promoted this package to owners of older boats with TRS drives that want to keep their boat, but want power to keep up with the new boats. The Rtech package on a 500 HP engine brings it up to 800 HP. The Konrad package can handle this power easily.

This particular boat, a 1986 Excaliburcat was running 80-81 with 500 HP 502s. After the Konrad installation the boat ran 83-84 because the drives are about 1.5" shorter than TRS. Finding this mph took some prop testing.

After the installation of the supercharger system the boat runs 101-102 after more prop testing. We finally settled on Hydromotive P5X. The Maximus was too much blade and the P5 wouldn't trim out enough.

The conclusion is you can add 20 mph to a heavy boat (8500 lbs) with 300 HP and a drive that can handle it. This should help you run with the new boats for a lot less money than trading in that "old girl" you love so much.
Attached Thumbnails Konrads on a Cat-drive2.jpg   Konrads on a Cat-engine2.jpg   Konrads on a Cat-konrad-drive-height.jpg  

Old 11-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Imco 1000's or the 4x4's are rated for higher hp than the Konrads. That might be another option. Engine does not move, but utilizes a transmission in the extension box. I have a set of 4x4's with five hours I can sell cheap.
Attached Thumbnails Konrads on a Cat-neil-woobie-white-mti-3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Konrads on a Cat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.