May need Legal Help in Fl.

Notices

May need Legal Help in Fl.

Old 11-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May need Legal Help in Fl.

Two weeks ago I contacted a transport company in Sarasota to pick up my boat at the Nor-Tech factory and start heading north to get it out of the path of Wilma. I started heading south with my own truck and had agreed to meet the transporter on the road and pay him for the distance he traveled. The transporter agreed to that arrangement, and said he was giving it to one of his guys and here is his cell phone number. Twenty minutes after he picked up the boat he was involved in an accident on I-75. Without going into all the details of the accident, the bottom line is is that the guy is running around hauling boats of all values with a personal auto policy. That does not cover hauling for hire He feels that I shouldn't be concerned because he feels the accident was the other guys fault and his company should be responsible for my loss. Unfortunately the other drivers insurance company doesn't feel their driver is at fault. Bottom line is... nobody will pay for my damages. To further complicate the matter.... the person who was hauling the boat doesn't even work for the transport company I called. He subbed the job out. I think all of the parties here share some of the blame and all everyone wants to do is pass the buck. The boat was ok with the exception of one scratch and a mark that buffed out, but my trailer was a total loss. $13,600.00 six month old Myco. Who can help me??? What should I do??? And will the end result be worth the aggravation??? Looking forward to everyones thoughts. P.S. Liability means nothing....Cargo Coverage is what to be concerned with when you hire a transporter. Get a copy of their declarations page before they touch your boat!!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: May need Legal Help in Fl.

Were any tickets issued Chuck?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tickets were issued to "the other driver" . I only know of leaving the scene of an accident. There was no contact between the 2 vehicles. The transporter was driving down the shoulder because of a previous accident had traffic stopped. The other driver pulled out of stopped traffic onto the shoulder and into the path of the transporter. He only pulled out for the sole purpose of shooting up the line of stopped cars. The transporter then proceeded to make an evasive move and the trailer jackknifed.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well It aint the other guys fualt. If there was no cantact and you hualer was the one to the rear it is defenitly his fualt. Last time I checke dit is illegal fo either of them to operate a vehicle in the emergency lane, what the hell kinda speed was your guy doing in the emergency lane that cuased him to jacknife?
Old 11-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chuck
Tickets were issued to "the other driver" . I only know of leaving the scene of an accident. There was no contact between the 2 vehicles. The transporter was driving down the shoulder because of a previous accident had traffic stopped. The other driver pulled out of stopped traffic onto the shoulder and into the path of the transporter. He only pulled out for the sole purpose of shooting up the line of stopped cars. The transporter then proceeded to make an evasive move and the trailer jackknifed.
sounds like the blame game is gonna take a while. Im not a lawyer but, Ultimatley, the person trailering your boat is (should be) resposible for the load so id go after him legally and if he wants, he can go after the other driver.
My boat was also at the nortech factory and came through without a scratch.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:20 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say that the company you contracted with is responsible. Regardless of whether the subbed it or not. It was their responsibility to make sure the sub driver was insured and licensed if they really subbed it out.

Who did you pay?

They may have a bond with the state if they are a state licensed hauler.

Good luck
Old 11-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I would have to go "Angry Italian" on that A-Hole I hope it woks out for you.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
Well It aint the other guys fualt. If there was no cantact and you hualer was the one to the rear it is defenitly his fualt. Last time I checke dit is illegal fo either of them to operate a vehicle in the emergency lane, what the hell kinda speed was your guy doing in the emergency lane that cuased him to jacknife?
He crested a hill and traffic was at a dead stop in all lanes. He moved to the shoulder to avoid the other cars and was braking when the other driver pulled out in front of him.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
I would have to go "Angry Italian" on that A-Hole I hope it woks out for you.
thanks
Old 11-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
sounds like the blame game is gonna take a while. Im not a lawyer but, Ultimatley, the person trailering your boat is (should be) resposible for the load so id go after him legally and if he wants, he can go after the other driver.
My boat was also at the nortech factory and came through without a scratch.
I agree, but his whining like a little biotch.

Quick Reply: May need Legal Help in Fl.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.