Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Does this sound FISHY or what ??? >

Does this sound FISHY or what ???

Notices

Does this sound FISHY or what ???

Old 11-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this sound FISHY or what ???

I received this contact from an ad we are running on USEDBOATS.COM........has anyone seen this before?

IP Address: 81.199.84.11
Dear seller, A client of mine has place a look on this item and he is ready to pay the buy it now price of the item and he will be paying with a us personal cheque,i will like you to understand that my client has included some amount on the cheque payment which is meant for the shipping fee for the shipping agent that will be incharge of the pick up.I will be respond for the shiping,i want you to respond to some question that i am having for you....... 1.what is the present condition of this boat? 2.will you be able to help us to wire the excess fund on this cheque via western union money transfer to the shipping company the same day the cheque clear,so as for them to get all the shipping papers prepared and also to come for the pick up in order for them to be able to get it shipped to its new origin where its needed. if that is true with you send me your full name and address so that i can direct my bank to issue the cheque. get back to me.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Registered

Default Re: Does this sound FISHY or what ???

Scam,,, very widely known.. they over-pay you with a fake check then you re-fund them with a good one and they got your money..
Old 11-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Registered

Yup thats how I see it......similar scams have been posted on here in the past.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:36 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LIOPA
I received this contact from an ad we are running on USEDBOATS.COM........has anyone seen this before?

IP Address: 81.199.84.11
Dear seller, A client of mine has place a look on this item and he is ready to pay the buy it now price of the item and he will be paying with a us personal cheque,i will like you to understand that my client has included some amount on the cheque payment which is meant for the shipping fee for the shipping agent that will be incharge of the pick up.I will be respond for the shiping,i want you to respond to some question that i am having for you....... 1.what is the present condition of this boat? 2.will you be able to help us to wire the excess fund on this cheque via western union money transfer to the shipping company the same day the cheque clear,so as for them to get all the shipping papers prepared and also to come for the pick up in order for them to be able to get it shipped to its new origin where its needed. if that is true with you send me your full name and address so that i can direct my bank to issue the cheque. get back to me.
Reply:
FU Parasite
Old 11-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Registered

Is there anybody you dont like. Reply with their name and address..
Old 11-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RollWithIt
Is there anybody you dont like. Reply with their name and address..
LMAO

Not a bad idea!