Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Going to Key West today. Need anything checked? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/115791-going-key-west-today-need-anything-checked.html)

Spicy 11-09-2005 03:39 PM

Re: Going to Key West today. Need anything checked?

THANKS FOR THE UPDATES AND THE PICTURES THEY ARE MUCH APPRECIATTED...... :D :drink:

Bobthebuilder 11-09-2005 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Spicy
THANKS FOR THE UPDATES AND THE PICTURES THEY ARE MUCH APPRECIATTED...... :D :drink:

Hey, no problem, that's my job!!!

Ms PatriYacht 11-09-2005 04:10 PM

There will be good viewing of the race on Saturday from the turn boat Sebago, check out my thread on the subject, the day includes booze and food and an upclose views

Bobthebuilder 11-09-2005 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by BigScotty
Looks good, Bob - not bad for a rookie... :D

Hey BigScotty how we doin'. rookie ?? Ouch, that hurts my ego!! LOL - I know you mean well !!

Look, I have something BIG for you on The Big Dog in Naples. As I mentioned I would be going by there on my way to Ft Meyers Tues. am.
Some of it will be in code that only you will understand. I don't have time right now as I am back in office playing catch up today. This evening I will post on your Big Dog thread and then you can do what you will with the info. Let the games begin!

frankenstein 11-09-2005 04:33 PM

Great pictures. You did a great job. How did the Truman Annex look ? I'll probably watch the races from there if it still exists. Was there alot of debris in the water? That could always be a problem after a storm.

waterheater 11-09-2005 05:49 PM

Great pics thanks.

Bobthebuilder 11-09-2005 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by frankenstein
Great pictures. You did a great job. How did the Truman Annex look ? I'll probably watch the races from there if it still exists. Was there alot of debris in the water? That could always be a problem after a storm.

Thanks Frank...... Sorry I did not get into the Truman Annex. I just ran out of time. I realise now that I should have on behalf of the racers but I expect they have people there checking it out. As you probably know the basin used to be a submarine basin years ago. It is well fortified and protected by that concrete outer mole. It is intact as far as I could see from harbourside as I went by. Probably the best place to watch from. Your concern about debris is a good one. I have to say I actually saw very little in the water as I travelled. But as you know even a little can cause a lot of grief as someone is going to eat it i'm afraid. It will not be stopping me, tho. [ unless I'm the one that eats it !! ] A lot of debris is along the shorelines. As you can imagine they have much higher priorities than cleaning up the shorelines just yet. My advise would be when we get close to Key West [ that is us Poker Runners ] we need to back off on the throttles or we could be trailering home.

Bobthebuilder 11-09-2005 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by waterheater
Great pics thanks.

Now waterheater - your not saying here that I am a better photographer than offshore boater are you ??? Ha, LOL
Say hello in KW - I see your stuff all the time.

airship 11-10-2005 09:50 AM

Thanks for the pics as well. That is one gorgeous boat. Your pics are more "graphic" than the keys news and the keynoter. I was down in KW between hurricanes and is was as if the island lost about 40% of the foliage. But it looks like Wilma took care of the rest and then some. Regarding the Truman Annex, my wife arrived late last night and a the the Shipyard portion of the property faired very well all things considered. No flooding to speak of but there are issues of limited roof damage for the 2nd floor units. They should be fine. I head down on 11/15 so your pics are a great way to prepare. Thanks again!

Bobthebuilder 11-10-2005 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by airship
Thanks for the pics as well. That is one gorgeous boat. Your pics are more "graphic" than the keys news and the keynoter. I was down in KW between hurricanes and is was as if the island lost about 40% of the foliage. But it looks like Wilma took care of the rest and then some. Regarding the Truman Annex, my wife arrived late last night and a the the Shipyard portion of the property faired very well all things considered. No flooding to speak of but there are issues of limited roof damage for the 2nd floor units. They should be fine. I head down on 11/15 so your pics are a great way to prepare. Thanks again!

Thank you. And thank you for sharing re: Truman Annex.
Too bad my Leafs do not meet your Red Wings this year. That was a great rivalry. Maybe we can kick your a$$ in the playoffs. LOL Say hello in KW. My boat will be in the Galleon Marina and I will be at the Hyatt.