If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

A different kind of idea.

I am contemplating the purchase of a fair amount of mercury inventory and tools and have access to a pretty nice facility in WI. I have a friend that is merc certified that would like to leave his current job to do something more on his own, but not a full blown dealership. I'd guess that he can get enough work to keep himself busy. The key would be getting enough income to cover the carrying cost of the property.

What would you "do it yourself" guys pay to have access to a fully equipped shop including tools anytime you want, along with the guidence and expertise of an experienced tech? Putting a tech there facilitates the continued ability to purchase parts from Mercury. Would you pay to keep your boat there and if so how much. Would you pay an annual fee or on a as needed basis for shop use. It could be a club so to speak. How much above part cost would be reasonable to charge as part of the "club".

Oh yeh, the bad part is it would be located in WI. Thanks for your input.

My Boats:
    boat less

Re: A different kind of idea.

sounds like a excellent idea , good luck....

you dont have to have a mercury franchise anymore other then hi and sea has better deals on mercury stuff..............m.m........

el indio, I have heard that, but I was thinking about being able to take care of warranty issues and to have access to all the manuals and unpublished info.

Thanks for the replies guys. I look forward to hearing more. I am not yet comitted to this although I would like to. If I get more thoughts I will evaluate and then do some pre-marketing to see what kind of response I can get. If it makes sense, I'll move forward, if not, nothing hurt.