Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Konrad Marine's project 29' Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/116041-konrad-marines-project-29-fountain.html)

tomcat 11-09-2005 09:24 AM

Re: Konrad Marine's project 29' Fountain

Nice job Kurt; give me a call, I want to hear about the carb tuning.

Semper Fi 11-09-2005 09:55 AM

Great project Kurt. I'm sure your drives will prove once again that they are a great product. On another note, that Fountain's speed numbers seem very low. I have a '97 33 PP with HP 500's that runs an honest 84mph. How could that Fountain have 300 more HP, be smaller and lighter and run prctically the same speed? Sounds like somthing isn't right to me.

GLH 11-09-2005 10:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had an 1988 like that but with the swim platform integrated, anything over 80 mph would get you attention REAL fast. Be careful

Lofty 11-09-2005 12:00 PM

Nice Kurt!!! I've been talking to Fred and comparing numbers. We built the same boat with a bit more power and the performance is exceptional for an old dog!

We're getting 91 on the GPS. The boat handles pretty well at those speeds but it can get your attention real fast if you do anything abruptly.

What I like is going out on a rough day and belting the snot out of the Konrads without worrying about a failure. :evilb:

You guys keep up the good work. Tell Fred to hurry up with our last order so we can get that Pantera rapped up. :D

Waterfoul 11-09-2005 12:12 PM

I agree... you need better R&D. You should put a Konrad on a single engine boat with good power and run the snot out of it in rough water. I humbly offer to you one Baja 24 Outlaw in need of power... that would make it easy. Just bolt your stuff on and I'll beat the crap out of it in all water conditions. That glass flat water isn't helping your R&D one bit!! Lake Michigan should be your proving grounds... which just happens to be one of my favorite places to run!!

Lofty 11-09-2005 12:18 PM

Waterfoul,
We're doing a Pantera now with a 540, 650hp and going to a Konrad. We'll run the snot out of it here in CA on the Bay. Get's pretty filthy rough out here so it should be a good test of the drive.

bryanspeedracer 11-09-2005 12:26 PM

Biggus you are a lucky devil to be able to play with boats all day!

Caincando1 11-09-2005 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cool, I can't wait to see them run with the big motors. Here is shot from our poker run with the stock motors.

scottc 11-09-2005 12:40 PM

What do you think you could do with a Formula F402? It runs @55 mph with @475hp a side, stock TRS, 4 blade 22's.

pullmytrigger 11-09-2005 01:15 PM

Hoppin' up old 29 Fountains....... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :evilb: