Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   HOW TO ROCK THE DOCK, for less than $50.00 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/116149-how-rock-dock-less-than-%2450-00-a.html)

Airpacker 11-11-2005 11:25 AM

Re: HOW TO ROCK THE DOCK, for less than $50.00

Scotty,pm me an e mail addy and I'll forward you the info from Double R on the party. Its not to be missed :)

Bobthebuilder 11-11-2005 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by 88formula223
http://www.hobbytron.com/Professiona...Assembled.html

6 mile range on this one, there is a 1/8 mile plus one for under $200 on that same site

good idea

Thank you and others [....foul, cav....,Syd.., amer...] so far for trying to address this very important matter. :D I am glad you are not like BigScotty and Airpacker who just seem to think that everything is a joke. It seems they are not able to focus on the matter at hand that we are trying to deal with. Someday they will be sorry. :mad: I am thinking about banning them from PREDATOR but if they can behave for awhile I will consider some type of probation !!
I have had limited time because I have been trying to keep them contained however I did take a quick look at your submission. The Antenna at $114.95 is affordable but is too unwieldy. Someone is gonna lose an eye. The big unit at 17 lbs is gonna sink the ship and I am not going to pay $ 1,945.00 to dance to the same music as all of our OSO friends. Any other suggestions? :D
Bob

Airpacker 11-11-2005 02:36 PM

Ya Bob, just get Big Yellow Cat to install a new stereo for ya. They'll hear ya 6 miles away :) You might have to replace the 850's with some 1100's to compensate for the weight gain tho :)

Bobthebuilder 11-11-2005 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Ya Bob, just get Big Yellow Cat to install a new stereo for ya. They'll hear ya 6 miles away :) You might have to replace the 850's with some 1100's to compensate for the weight gain tho :)

Now you are finally talking some sense!! Might just look into that. :cool:

Airpacker 11-11-2005 02:45 PM

Oh oh Bob, you've gone and riled ub the Short Bus Racing Teams enforcer. Now you're gonna get it :)

Scotty, did you get the e mail I forwarded? it seemd to stall for quite a while when sending.

Bobthebuilder 11-11-2005 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by BigScotty
Hey Bob, you haven't been 'round here NEARLY long enough to be getting all serious and making threats like that....

:drink: :D :drink:

Me serious - are you kidding !!! :D

amer3 11-11-2005 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
1/4 mile :eek:

What brand is it ? My Sirius unit only goes about 20 feet.

i old fm mod for tv head rest with a lil mod's. i think i some more around the shop. if you like. email me [email protected]

Bobthebuilder 11-11-2005 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Oh oh Bob, you've gone and riled ub the Short Bus Racing Teams enforcer. Now you're gonna get it :)

Scotty, did you get the e mail I forwarded? it seemd to stall for quite a while when sending.

Since I am the new guy on the block , I have no idea who or what the Short Bus Racing Team is about, or who the enforcer is. Somehow I can't help but feel I should not have asked !!
I gotta take a break here for a bit and while I am gone you can tell me all about it. I can't wait !! :confused:

Bobthebuilder 11-12-2005 10:42 AM

Every Sat. morning I wake up to a new idea. Sometimes it's a good one , sometimes it may be a little bizarre. Not quite sure where today's fits in ? Last Sat. I went to Key West, next Sat. I want to wake up in KW, and today I am still thinkin about the "ipod project".

When 60 or 80 of you guy's are rafted up at Gilbert's on your way to KW, get your ipod's out with a super duper high powered antennae or transmitter and ROCK THE DOCK!! [ Stu is gonna hate me for this !! ]
When I catch up and pass you at Gilbert's I want to hear Stones, AC/DC or Alice Cooper blasting out of 500 speakers!! I would love to be part of it but I will be starting later, as some of my crew do not fly in till 10:00 am Thurs. 17th. With a little luck I will catch you and as the guy with the yellow hard hat idle's by, wave to me. See you in Key West.

CAN WE FIX IT........ YES WE CAN !!!