Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Whatever happened to Tom who went crazy? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/116189-whatever-happened-tom-who-went-crazy.html)

Tom 11-10-2005 10:00 PM

Whatever happened to Tom who went crazy?

As many of you watched right here on OSO, I lost my mind and eventually had to drop off the boards and all of society for that matter. I mentioned back then (was it three years ago?) that I was diagnosed as bipolar. Turns out psychotic features were included, but then don't we all have delusions of grandeur :-)

I'm still crazy, but I decided somewhere along the line that I like it. I even wrote a book called "The Bipolar Advantage" and started a not-for-profit organization called DBSA -North County (depression and bipolar support alliance) that is dedicated to educating and helping people with mood disorders (www.bipolaradvantage.com and www.bipolarinorder.org)

I still have my batboat although I have not driven it in a couple of years. I am in the process of fixing it back up after leaving it sitting and look forward to driving it again. Stay clear of it - I AM CRAZY after all!

I hope someone still remembers me. I really felt part of a community here and could use the feeling that I still am. I am sorry if on my way to insanity I might have offended anyone here, although I don't remember much of anything from those days. I notice there are not as many topics as there used to be. I hope the membership is still growing and some of those who I thought were my friends are still there...

Tom

GLH 11-10-2005 10:03 PM

Re: Whatever happened to Tom who went crazy?

Welcome back Tom.

Magicfloat 11-10-2005 10:07 PM

Hey,Tom,were you not the guy that was putting together some kind of ultimate Batboat challenge run? I remember the thread but it kind of faded away.Anyway,welcome back,everybody has problems,many will not admit them,you have,to your credit. Tell us more,we are all friends here. Robert

packinair 11-10-2005 10:14 PM

Hey, welcome back.. glad to see what you are doing

MegaByte*3 11-10-2005 10:27 PM

Hey Tom: I remember. Good to see you back. I still read the board frequently, just don't post all that much.

Tom

glassdave 11-10-2005 11:48 PM

welcome back Tom . . . ok everybody . . . .no sudden movements :D

seriously though, keep us informed about what you are doing with the boat. i am building myself a new 24 at this time. hope to have it in the water next season an do some racing with it. :cool: :cool:

Sydwayz 11-10-2005 11:53 PM

Fastest ever bat-boat right? Only one with a BBC? I hope you are well. I learned a lot myself about bipolar disorder, manic and clinical depression in dealing with an ex of mine. I wish you well, and welcome back.

Anarchy Powerboats 11-11-2005 12:20 AM

Who has ten fingers and toes , drives a boat and ISN"T crazy. you are not a minority here dude :D

Tom 11-11-2005 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
Who has ten fingers and toes , drives a boat and ISN"T crazy. you are not a minority here dude :D

Who are you guys? I think I recognize that Tom guy, but I'm not sure. The picture of Too Old looks familiar, but did he change his name? So glad to know I am back at the right home :-)

In answer to the request for details - read the book, it is a tell all shocker... Think 'A Beutiful Mind' combined with that time you wanted to kill whoever you were pissed at combined with the time you wanted to kill yourself adn couldn't get out of bed for a month and multiply by 1000 and you might have an idea of how great it is to be truly crazy.

Anyway, thanks to all of you for making me feel at home. It is a very huge thing to admit my faults, thank you for noticing.

Tom

timewarp 11-11-2005 02:01 AM

Tom,
It's great to have you back, I was wondering what had become of you and how you were doing.(Not just because you had offered me a ride in your boat)
I am glad to hear that you have gotten a handle on yourself.
Good luck with the boat and keep us informed on how you are doing.

Caleb