Very Fast boat on LOTO today !! >

Very Fast boat on LOTO today !!

Notices

Very Fast boat on LOTO today !!

Old 11-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Very Fast boat on LOTO today !!

Well not realy but he was kicking a big tail !
Attached Thumbnails Very Fast boat on LOTO today !!-speed.jpg  
Old 11-11-2005, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Very Fast boat on LOTO today !!

sean h's new MTI layed up by Sea Ray
Old 11-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

the good thing is he is boating. Hope to be doing that there tomorrow.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:58 PM
Registered

Thats Daryl Betler from Chicago with a home on LOTO. He bought the boat from Shogren Performance Marine. Triple diesels and Arneson drives. Traded in his 46 Black Thunder. It kind of sucks that he has to tune his engines every 2000 hours of operation.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:18 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i saw one get clocked at 65+mph....on my GPS next to my boat. awesome machine
Old 11-13-2005, 12:16 AM
BT
Registered

Hello everyone! My wife Tami and I are the proud owners of the Very first 48 Fountain Express Cruiser at LOTO. (Berth Control) Thanks for blowing my cover Mark! (jk) We were out Friday as the weather was in the Mid 70's. We actually made it to Party Cove. Unfortunately we were the only boat there but I can not complain about anything when I am on the water in November.

As far as the doubting Thomas' for the maintenance. Having to change the oil every 50 hours and doing virtually nothing else to the Yanmars is actually pretty remarkable. They say that I should get well over 2000 hours before any major work will be needed and when that happens Yanmar expects the cost to be much less than that of the Cats and Cummins for rebuild. Compared to major work on a Merc at 300 to 400, I think I will come out way ahead. Plus I will not have the headaches associated with the Mercs XR drives. Arnesons are supposed to be pretty bulletproof.
I guess I will have to see for myself. Fortunately I maintain my boats very well and usually never keep them that long.

Please help!!! Unfortuanetly I could not open the picture so if whoever has that picture, if they can email it to me, I would sure appreciate that. [email protected]
See you on the water next spring!
Old 11-13-2005, 07:27 AM
Registered

done.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:09 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Let me also add my congrats on the new toy.

I have surveyed several of them down here and a common problem has been small water leaks in the device that Yanmar calls a raw water manifold located aft center. May be a salt water only problem however.

Also found some turbo housings with internal corrosion, so keep an eye on them. Check with Yanmar for any upgrades needed. They are pretty good about it.

Enjoy that fine boat. I liked the way they sea-trialed.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:18 PM
BT
Registered

Originally Posted by Jesse James
Congrats on the new boat......was just being sarcastic about the maintainence.......that is by far one of the best bang for the buck deals going (arneson's and diesels) where are you located on loto? I am at the 13.5 in Porta Cima around the cove from broken arrow...

I am at the 17MM. I get my gas in your cove from Marc at Pointe Oasis. Next time you see me at the docks or at the cove stop over for a beer. See you next summer!
Darryl
Old 11-13-2005, 04:21 PM
BT
Registered

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
Let me also add my congrats on the new toy.

I have surveyed several of them down here and a common problem has been small water leaks in the device that Yanmar calls a raw water manifold located aft center. May be a salt water only problem however.

Also found some turbo housings with internal corrosion, so keep an eye on them. Check with Yanmar for any upgrades needed. They are pretty good about it.

Enjoy that fine boat. I liked the way they sea-trialed.
Thank you for the tips and the heads up. I am thinking about taking the 2 day course on the maintenance of these Yanmars. Mack Boring has a course locally in Chicago close to my full time residence and I think the $795 will be well speant money. I know my stuff on Mercs but would like to be a bit more knowledgable on the Yanmars. I would hate to be down waiting for a couple days for a mechanic to get caught up before he gets to me! Thank you again.

Quick Reply: Very Fast boat on LOTO today !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.