Notices

Old School II sold????

Old 11-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Old School II sold????

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Sorry about that Russ, I just saw this. I put the boat up for sale mostly out of frustration because of not being able to sell the engines. I guess that too many people in our hobby have been screwed by azzholes claiming to have good engines for sale and end up getting junk for there to be any market to sell used engines.

I can't believe how many calls and offers that I was getting for the boat!! Last weekend I ran the boat in something other than dead flat water for the first time, not too rough...but some true, solid 2-3 footers...that would most likely be called 3-4's for most people!

It was one of the best boat rides that I've ever been on... we were running over 100 while watching 25+ foot cruisers get pounded. The bottom line is that I've decided not to sell the boat. I'm going to take the engines apart starting next weekend and sell the heads and quad rotor setups.

Sorry about the confusion, but I didn't see any way to delete the ad.

Good move craig.......as you have heard this crazy bolster tramp say many times.............ITS ALL ABOUT THE THRILL OF THE RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wellcome to the club Craig......are you going to fla.....mark........
Old 11-14-2005, 07:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Nope, I'm staying home and takin' care of bizness.......I'll be down there in Feb. for the boat show!!
Old 11-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

just might look you up!!!!!!!!!!!mark........
Old 11-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

plain and simple, your an a hole.. period....
Old 11-14-2005, 07:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by stecz20
plain and simple, your an a hole.. period....
Thanks Buddy!!! Stop by for a drink sometime.
Attached Thumbnails Old School II sold????-winebox.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 11-14-2005, 07:50 PM
Registered

if i stop by your house, your wife will fall in love with me and all hell with break loose in your household.. i cant have that happen, i love you too much...
Old 11-14-2005, 07:53 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

No problem. I was a little suprised to see sold and you not post anything about it. I think most people are afraid of "used" engines and just like you aren't willing to do rebuilds that often either. I would be tossed between running them til there done or parting them out now. Didn't you already have some new motors started/completed? What are you going to do with the parts from these?
Old 11-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Buddy!!! Stop by for a drink sometime.
now thats sum funny chit
Old 11-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ratman
CRAIG WHY NOT RUN IT UNTIL YOU NEED TO GO THRU THE MOTORS? THE PARTS WONT BRING ANY LESS IF YOU SELL THEM NEXT YEAR OR THE ONE AFTER THAT. IT SEEMS FOOLISH TO TAKE APART PERFECT RUNNING SONNY LENARD ENGINES WITH 25 HOURS TO PART OUT THE TOP END. RUN THE BOAT WHILE ROUNDING UP THE NEW TOP ENDS. the only difference i see is you might want to do a valve job on the heads before you sell em. you can sell most of the stuff on ebay. ebay gets crazy money for used bbc parts. the trick is to sell every part seperate. i tried to sell to complerte 461 bbc's with all the good parts that needed to be gone thru. 600 and 800 we the bids on each complete eng. i broke em down and got over 4300 bucks. i mean i sold the push rods seperate, valves seperate. please give some thought to not tearing those good runnin mills apart until you have to. rat
Rat
I agree with you but...................with the cam he is running and the solid roller lifters, the previous owner only got about 50 hrs before the roller lifters were junk. I think Craig is trying to avoid a major engine problem, which would happen if he loses a lifter. Craig, just trying to help. Believe me, been their done that.
Randy
Old 11-14-2005, 08:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
Rat
I agree with you but...................with the cam he is running and the solid roller lifters, the previous owner only got about 50 hrs before the roller lifters were junk. I think Craig is trying to avoid a major engine problem, which would happen if he loses a lifter. Craig, just trying to help. Believe me, been their done that.
Randy
Hey Randy,
Congrats on the new boat!!!!

Actually, I was told that on the last build that was done by Sonnys, that the lifter bores were drilled out on the new blocks and some kind of hemi .904 lifters were used. WTF that means...I couldn't tell ya. maybe these are the secret lifters that TMP uses and they are good for 100+ hours. Yea, yea, that's it!!!

Quick Reply: Old School II sold????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.