Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Running Key West to Marco Island on Monday Nov. 21 - Care to join me ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/116340-running-key-west-marco-island-monday-nov-21-care-join-me.html)

Bobthebuilder 11-12-2005 10:35 PM

Running Key West to Marco Island on Monday Nov. 21 - Care to join me ?

After things wrap up in KW, traditionally a few boats will run to the Gulf coast. My plans are to leave for Marco at 9:00 am Monday 21st. Any boats that can cruise at 50 MPH are welcome to join me. The plan is to strt. shot the 100 miles across the Gulf. Alternate route if conditions dictate is Hawk to Marathon, North across FL Bay and up the west coast. That is 140 miles. Pls. fuel up Sun. and be ready to go. Post any questions or your intentions here. I am staying at the Hyatt and PREDATOR is hanging out at the Galleon Marina.
My cell - 519 498 6945.
e mail - [email protected]

rockstrmkr 11-14-2005 05:44 PM

Re: Running Key West to Marco Island on Monday Nov. 21 - Care to join me ?

Hi Bob -

If you're ever bored on Marco...
A friend and I have just bought IBR (Independent Brokers Realty) and we're moving our offices right next to Crazy Flamingo's in the Marco Town Center.
I'm trying to run a beer tap right through the wall !!! :D
Should be opening 11/28......

All the best,
Hans

(239)207-1163

Bobthebuilder 11-14-2005 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
Hi Bob -

If you're ever bored on Marco...
A friend and I have just bought IBR (Independent Brokers Realty) and we're moving our offices right next to Crazy Flamingo's in the Marco Town Center.
I'm trying to run a beer tap right through the wall !!! :D
Should be opening 11/28......

All the best,
Hans

(239)207-1163

Wow, you guys are not going to get much work done next to Crazy Flamingo !!! :D LOL
I will only be on the Island Nov 21 & 22 but back for a week first of Dec. That would probably be a good chance to meet.
I will call you. And here I thought you really were a Rock Star Maker !! or are you. Can you do anything for me !! LOL :D
Speaking of Rock Stars, an agent for Stones saw PREDATOR when they were rehearsing in Toronto this summer and was to set it up for me to take Mik and the boys out on Lake Ontario but it never happened. Boo Hoo :mad:

rockstrmkr 11-14-2005 07:31 PM

Hi Bob -

Used to be an exec at MCA Records in NYC...
Worked with tons of awesome bands over the years.
When MCA was "absorbed" into Interscope Records, also part of the Universal Music Group, towards the end of 2003, I decided it was a good time to quit while I was ahead and got out of dodge.......

Been very happy on Marco ever since, and my kids LOVE living here...it's been amazing, and keeps getting better....except for the occasional hurricane.... :eek:

Early December it is...I look forward to meeting you!

All the best,
Hans

and yes...I can help you !!!! :D

Bobthebuilder 11-14-2005 09:16 PM

Hi Bob -

and yes...I can help you !!!! :D

OK , your on the boat !!! LOL :D

Do you have an offshore ? or is it on order ? ha !

rockstrmkr 11-14-2005 09:25 PM

LOL !
I have a wannabe offshore...a little 24ft Baja...
I keep hoping the next time I go over to Ceder Bay Marina it will have grown by 14ft and sprouted an additional motor and drive..... :D

Bobthebuilder 11-14-2005 09:43 PM

LOL !
I have a wannabe offshore...a little 24ft Baja...
I keep hoping the next time I go over to Ceder Bay Marina it will have grown by 14ft and sprouted an additional motor and drive..... :D

That's OK. I'm gonna go to work on you and get you addicted then you will be movin on up. I started with 33ft in 1990, 38' in /91, 42' in /95, 50' in /01 and again in /03. See how they grow !!
Just the same, I know you can have a lot of fun in your Bawhaw around Marco. Lots of interesting protected water to the south and intercoastal up to Naples. No need to even go on the Gulf. I will see you in early December. :D

rockstrmkr 11-15-2005 09:01 AM

I'm ready when you are :D

Nils, Tron and Terry are great people. My friends Augie and Timmy have been at Nor-Tech for a long time....I'm assuming Timmy rigged your boat?

Bobthebuilder 11-15-2005 10:25 AM

I'm ready when you are :D

Nils, Tron and Terry are great people. My friends Augie and Timmy have been at Nor-Tech for a long time....I'm assuming Timmy rigged your boat?

Well I can see that when we get you into OFFSHORE you are headed in the right direction. They really are a great group of builders and yes Timmy was involved with the rigging of my boat.

Just another chuckle for you here on that rock star thing: When PREDATOR was featured in the Sept. / 04 issue of Powerboat Magazine article called Hi Rollers there was a comment made that the boat was for CEO's or Rock Stars so now my bud's call me a rock star.!! LOL :D far from it i'm afraid.......... but that's where you come in LOL :D

On a more serious note how did you fare thru Wilma ?

Airpacker 11-15-2005 01:33 PM

Bob, quit yappin and get to Fla. :)