Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What's this about Reggie not wanting Mike to play? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/116591-whats-about-reggie-not-wanting-mike-play.html)

cowisl 12-07-2005 08:55 AM

Re: What's this about Reggie not wanting Mike to play?

Sharkey, are you getting an ol?

Hauling Trash 12-07-2005 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by insptech
Alright, I'll add a little spice..... Both the engines in Reggie's boat were toast at the end of the speed run last year- 150 mph= 0 psi water pressure. But hey, a record is a record :drink:

SORRY Ted, Thats not true at all. Some people need to get there FACTS right before posting. :evilb:

Mike

Hauling Trash 12-07-2005 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by insptech
By the end of the second run both engines had completely overheated and were mostly unsalvageable. The boat was losing water pressure as it gained speed. Since there was no time to re-rig it was agreed that they would get it through the run one way and then run it balls out for the second, even though it would sacrifice the motors. So it was an expensive record, but a record none-the-less. :evilb:

I was there working on that boat before and after the run. Both motors ran great before and after the run.

Mike

BARNEY FIFE 12-07-2005 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by ANDREW REALTOR
171.881 :evilb:

how close has the outer limit come to that

BARNEY FIFE 12-07-2005 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Back4More

The 177 run was awsome i did not see the outerlimit

epeek 12-07-2005 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dry Sump
Impressive run . where is the ol video ?

Filed next to their picture of the gps speedo they
dropped out of an airplane for their first "World
Record" Kilo run.

LongShot 12-07-2005 09:55 PM

Reggie & Mike are great boat builders and you have to love the competition. They both build FAST Offshore Powerboats and we are logged onto OSO. Keep an eye on Skippy & Trond and you never know about the future........

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-20-2005 01:25 AM

A trip to the F shop???

Originally Posted by Byrdman
You will need id....no cameras...no cell phones and you will get wanded by security and phones will be taken....very tight..and something is up....anyway I did talk to a bottom man that worked on the key west boat...he said they did a little testing in the lake...and then some last minute repairs night prior..he said the boat ran 150 at half throttle and reggie said it was good enough ..send it...I asked why do you not go beat on it in ocean...he said they do not worry about stuff like that just run it...he said there was a air pocket in glass that started peeling back to first step....done!.....They seem to be very laid back in north carolina....!

Scott B 12-20-2005 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Nice false accusation........ :rolleyes:

But that was the most humiliating thing ever to happen in offshore history!

For the sport as well as the organization....

Err, wouldnt that make them the world inshore champion??
:drink:

bojoe2 12-20-2005 07:28 AM

hey for 150K you can buy a trophy also LOL