Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What's this about Reggie not wanting Mike to play? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/116591-whats-about-reggie-not-wanting-mike-play.html)

Downtown42 12-20-2005 07:49 AM

Re: What's this about Reggie not wanting Mike to play?

sharkey your a sore loser :mad: quit you whining

mr_velocity 12-20-2005 08:39 AM

whaaaaaaa. I really wish OL could have raced to stop the crying. Who knows what the turn out would have been but the crying and smack talk coming from OL is way too much. Maybe they would have won or maybe they would have disappeared like they did in NC.

As far as Reggie's engines being toast after the run, who cares. They did what they were supposed to do, set a speed record. They only needed to last those 2 runs, no longer no shorter.

animalhouse 12-20-2005 09:09 AM

The sport of boat racing will never reach a higher level if this keeps up. The public is sick of watching info mercials / races. More competition will generate a wider fan base.

Nobody's crying here Mr. Velocity. We can't be shut out everywhere, and one of these days Reggie will have to run against us, or cigarette. His days of buying championships is coming to an end.

AIR TIME 12-20-2005 09:57 AM

WHO'S CRYING OL IS A BETTER BOAT :p :p :p

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-20-2005 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Downtown42
sharkey your a sore loser :mad: quit you whining

No whining here...

Besides, I think you would have to be allowed to enter a World Champioship Race before you can actual lose the race. At least one would think? :rolleyes:

Hopefully next year the rules won't have to be broken in order to win a championship... :rolleyes:

CMG 12-20-2005 04:33 PM

anyone notice the Key West race on tv over the week-end? Media Master was the only unidentified boat to race - never mind win its class! At the end when the winners were posted Outerlimits was spelled Outerlimites. :rolleyes:

JCPERF 12-20-2005 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by animalhouse
The sport of boat racing will never reach a higher level if this keeps up. The public is sick of watching info mercials / races. More competition will generate a wider fan base.

Nobody's crying here Mr. Velocity. We can't be shut out everywhere, and one of these days Reggie will have to run against us, or cigarette. His days of buying championships is coming to an end.

2006-The year of the Outerlimits ;)

Dregsz 12-20-2005 04:50 PM

Offshore racing is never going to be a popular media/fan sport
It's never going to be NASCAR or formula 1.
There is never going to be any money in it other then all the cash you blow to race

The only way to make a small fortune in racing is to start with a big fortune

Racing is for racers.

That's it

epeek 12-20-2005 05:02 PM

[QUOTE=animalhouse]The sport of boat racing will never reach a higher level if this keeps up. The public is sick of watching info mercials / races. More competition will generate a wider fan base.
Are we only talking about Key West this year and one particular class,or all offshore racing in general???
Correct me if I'm wrong,but O.L and Cig have been
in business for many years and people have had plenty
of opportunities to race their products. I dont follow
racing that close,but wasn't TKO running a O.L last
year?? Part of the problem is lack of factory support,
especially from Cig. Cig could have gone racing anytime
in the last 10 years. Skip Braver was to busy developing
a new line of sportswear, when he should have been
worrying about his suspect stepped hulls handling issues.
And maybe giving support to some racers. Meanwhile
Reggie is out there putting on races & spending money
on bottom R & D. Now all you guys are crying about
playing in Reggies sand box. I only have one thing to
say for 2006. Cig & O.L,put up or shut up!!! Also to
all you na sayers, Never count Reggie Fountain out.
Just because O.L might finally have a race boat,doesnt
mean they will win.

AIR TIME 12-20-2005 05:21 PM

tko was a green sutphen walters thats for sale or sold I think it was a new 40 or 39 and the ol was harry turners boat,a p2 carl was running f2 57extra lean the white formula they all had tko on the boats. art