Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What's this about Reggie not wanting Mike to play? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/116591-whats-about-reggie-not-wanting-mike-play.html)

blume 11-21-2005 10:54 AM

Re: What's this about Reggie not wanting Mike to play?

It's a new season and all ya'll that want to complain about Fountain need to build a Super Vee to race next season 06. Reggie is not scared of racing other boats, Reggie or Mike are not scared of a drag race. I would love to see a Super Vee class with all the top boat builders ie: Donzi, Outerlimits, Cigarette, Nor-Tech, Skater or any other boat you like. And the winner would be the one with the most money and the best driver which always go hand in hand.

DJD 11-21-2005 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by yahoo
I know from my racing experience, that reggie's boats are hardly ever post race inspected in SBI.

One year it was so bad in F2 that the other F2 racers almost boycotted the second race.

CM

Yep! Everyone complained about his engines sounding like Super V's next to all the other F2s. We all also had a problem them being able to dump & fill ballast tanks during the race. We were not allowed to have those & it stated such in the rule books. reggie said he wouldn't disconnect the fill pump but he promised he wouldn't use it :argue:
When they won particular races, the boat would be on it's way back to the shop before any of the other f-2's were out of the water. Whenever we won (& lapped reggie in rough stuff once or twice) we were picked apart.
Ya know what? We still had a damn good time :drink:
DJD F2-07

animalhouse 11-21-2005 12:58 PM

Look for next year, OL will be racing next season. We will see if Reggie can find enough reasons to get us banned from an entire season instead of a single race like this weekend.

You can'thide from the truth, and next year the numbers will settle all speculation.

Downtown42 11-21-2005 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by animalhouse
You can'thide from the truth, and next year the numbers will settle all speculation.

I thought OL learned from the last whipping Reggie handed down. Facts not speculation.

animalhouse 11-21-2005 02:28 PM

Facts are facts, I am not digging up old facts, I am letting you know we will be creating new ones!

Pete B 11-21-2005 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
ED,
I still question how the top 4 boats which are all Fountain hulls running the same power in SV, that raced in NY, that the one and only #15 dominated the entire fleet the way it did?
A 3 to 7.2 mph average faster than the other 3 identical boats? :confused:

Rio Roses: 89.8 with the fastest lap speed on lap 1 @ an avg 91.8 mph

Wazzup: 86.8

Rodriguez Group 85.9

Joe Boxer 82.6

Same boats? Same Power?
Maybe it is just a crew advantage?......:confused:

not really the same boats
joe boxer has been around and probably weights a couple hundred more than the others, technology has advanced, and if your in the factory sponsored boat it WILL be fast.

Dean Ferry 11-21-2005 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Dean,
Unfortunatly Frank moved on to another team in August and is racing with them in KW. Like I said in my post(about R & D), we ended up totally derigging the boat and modifying it and re-rigged it and were able to run the Deerfield race. So far we have gained 6 mph and now the only thing left is to put her on a diet. On paper the gain should be approx 3 mph after the weight loss. We were unable to run KW due to a sponsor pulling out on us last Friday. But life goes on as does racing. We'll be back in full swing for next year though. The boat is now located over at our shop in Melbourne, so if your ever in the area, give us a buzz.

Trent

Trent,
Will do, send me a PM on how to get hold of you. Love to stop by and see your rig.
Thanks,
Dean

Back4More 11-21-2005 03:40 PM

I would love to see more boat manufactures involved in racing....

animalhouse 11-21-2005 03:45 PM

Outerlimits will be in next year, but also heard rumors of a new cig super v unlimited. Would be pretty cool to see all three line up and race.

animalhouse 11-21-2005 03:51 PM

Rieegie wouldn't have to spend so mutch money supporting SBI, if they would let other manufacturers race, they might be willing to throw some sponsorship money around.