Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   superhcharged merc. 6.2 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/116821-superhcharged-merc-6-2-a.html)

CBR 11-21-2005 10:52 PM

Re: superhcharged merc. 6.2

Welcome to the tiny Scorpion 377 club! I'd be interested to see how you make out with this project. Pics of the Scorpions are on my website, you can hear them on the videos there also.

They look great, are nice turn the key and go motors, no trouble for hundreds of hours. Maybe I should not have said that! They have a very nice, distinctive sound also. But RIP, they were expensive smallblocks and are no longer made.

NICKM 11-23-2005 03:58 PM

Plant 5, are your motors scorpians? Mine are the black motors. I'd like to know who's supercharged 6.2 black motors if there's anyone out there.

Indy 11-23-2005 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Airpacker
search back for UNCLE TOYS. he melted a couple 6.2's

Yeah...do a search on Uncle Toys a year or two back. Had a real bad experience with Whippling 6.2s. Or maybe PM him.

PLANT 5 11-28-2005 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by NICKM
Plant 5, are your motors scorpians? Mine are the black motors. I'd like to know who's supercharged 6.2 black motors if there's anyone out there.

NO MY MOTORS ARE NOT THE SCORPIANS. THEY ARE THE 6.2 MPX'S. WHIPPLE MAKES A KITE AND I HAVE HEARD OF A RUMOR THAT PRO- CHARGER HAS A KIT IN DEVELOPMENT AND WHIPPLE HAS A KIT NOW MY MOTORS HAVE 50 HOURS ON THEM AND RUN PERFECT AND I AM NOT SURE I WANT TO MESS WITH THAT. HOWEVER I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE EXTRA HORSES.

Whipple Charged 11-30-2005 12:42 AM

Yes, Uncle Toys melted a few motors which were clearly water flow and oil psi related. Those motors have no problems with pistons and rings. What they need is a medium duty oil cooler to keep them reliable. They have a 4 qt system, no cooler factory and they can lose oil psi really fast. Also gets the bottom side of the pistons very hot.

With oil coolers, we've had many customers run very long periods of time with very little problems.

To note, Procharger cannot reprogram the ECM and they typically only raise fuel psi and sometimes trick temp sensors or psi sensors to get them to run. You will never have a 100% reliable system this way. May work in one application and be horrible in the next, with nearly 16 calibrations through the model years, each having different cal files, it's nearly impossible to properly test each system and make the proper adjustments.

We are the only company given the right, cal software and lisc. to recalibrate the PCM and ECM computers which is the best possible way to have the system run properly and consistently.

Thanks,
Dustin