Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Innovation Marine Engines (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/116895-innovation-marine-engines.html)

Sonny Spectre 30 11-21-2005 05:52 PM

Innovation Marine Engines

Could anyone with experience with Innovation give me some information about there experience with them.

I am considering having them build me two fuel injected engines in the 700-800 HP range.

Durability

Maintenance

Warranty

Anything would be helpful from someone that has recently purchased complete engines from them and someone that has had their engines for 150-300 HRS from new.

Thanks

cuda 11-21-2005 06:07 PM

Re: Innovation Marine Engines

Best in the business in my opinion.

Sonny Spectre 30 11-21-2005 06:15 PM

OK-tell me why!

NJSONIC 11-21-2005 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sonny
I have a pair of 800's They have run great have LOTS of torque. I had a starter fail on one but the customer service was great. Called on Monday before July 4th and had the starter next day.They have a one year warranty.As far as maintenice you change the oil every 25 hours and spark plugs are done depending on your use. My engines have closed cooling,gear driven cam (no chain to strech)crank driven raw water pump,and all parts are available with out a problem(injectors,etc..).

cuda 11-21-2005 07:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Sonny Spectre 30
OK-tell me why!

I base my opinion on the fact that my 19 year old Innovations still run strong.

mcraymond3 11-21-2005 07:40 PM

I installed three 600 EFI's in my boat this winter. They do run great and the customer service is also wonderful! I would highly reccommend them.

Sonny Spectre 30 11-21-2005 07:50 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Edward R. Cozzi 11-21-2005 09:35 PM

They have an excellent reputation in the business. I have driven several canoes with their engines and found them to start quickly cold or hot, accelerate crisply and pull strong throughout the RPM range.

I did hear, however, that their main guy went to work for NorTech and is building their custom engines, but I can't confirm or deny this for certain.

BattleCry 11-22-2005 02:34 AM

Ed

That was 5 years ago that Ron Potter left, to work for Nor-Tech. They have a great reputation and stand behind their work.

blueamerican 11-22-2005 06:05 PM

I boat all summer with the former 777 Zubaz/Harrahs C-1 race boat that has been converted to a pleasure boat. The boat was a four time national champion and now is runnning Innovation "stock" 650HP motors. Never a failure, we run the Atlantic Ocean 100 times during the summer in AC,NJ at 4,500+ to 6,000rpm and it just keeps running. we recently ran another 34' Sutphen with twin 1100HP "somethings" and we only got beat by a few mph in the back bays...meet us out in the Atlantic with 4-6" normal swells. I am strongly considering having Innovation build me a single 700 inch 800 HP EFI motor for my 26' American Offshore.