Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   KW Poker Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/117085-kw-poker-run.html)

Formula Outlaw 11-25-2005 08:00 AM

Re: KW Poker Run

Well this thread has lasted four pages without getting poofed, proof that a controversial subject CAN be discussed here as long as "reason and respect" is shown. Except for a couple minor comments, that has been done.

I don't know either party. I wasn't there. I haven't seen, nor particularly care to, the video. One thing that seems to be universially agreed upon is that one participant was "zig-zagging" in the channel. I would not think that would be the smartest, or safest, or most responsible manner in which to operate. Seems to me that operating in such a manner is a problem just waiting to happen. So since I'm so good as asking dumb questions, I would have to ask why someone would do that??????

Regardless of what/any group you may be talking about, I doubt anyone would particularly care for someone constantly cutting back and forth.

Disclaimer: the above post is not intended to offend, pizz off, accuse, or in any manner disrespect anyone about anything.

LubeJobs42 11-25-2005 08:58 AM

There was no weaving, no zig zagging or anything else. And "if" there was does that give someone the right to run into you? If someone cuts you off on the highway can you plow into them? NO! The person who hits the other person is responsible. I was on the port corner of the pace boat most of the trip to Gilberts. The video will show this. We never move from that spot. This is all lies just like the lie that I threatened Phil and they were going to arrest me. NEVER HAPPENED! In fact, people on the dock were saying "I can't believe your this calm". Steve from OSO saw the tape. Why don't you ask him if I was weaving.
Now remember, Stu Jones eye witnessed the incident. He called a drivers meeting at Gilbert's. Asked who saw what happened. A bunch of hand went up and they all said the same thing. Phil hit Lubejobs. Phil was SEVERELY reprimanded. He was also told not to participate the rest of the run or be anywhere around the group the rest of the trip. I was not reprimanded in any way, shape or form. We were next to the pace boat the entire time! Call Stu and ask him. He's not going to take sides. He wants safe Poker runs, period. I hope someone from here calls Stu to get the true story. This is all a bunch of he said she said. I was there, I was the victim, I was assaulted. If I didn't have a case I would not be pursuing anything. Believe me, I have the evidence to back me up. I only wish I could post the video but I had to sign an agreement only to use it for the case.

Downtown42 11-25-2005 09:10 AM

I'll have to believe you for now LubeJob. My eggs are in your basket. Please keep us posted, something stinks here.

JB4Boyne 11-25-2005 09:19 AM

I don't know you or Phil, I wasn't there and I didn't see it happen (just like most of the people on here) so it would be unfair for me or anyone that didn't see it happen to pass judgement on either party. But what I can say is that if I WAS pi$$ed at someone I wouldn't put the saftey of my crew in jeopardy. I would wait till we were on land and we could settle it like men.

MikeyFIN 11-25-2005 09:23 AM

I Believe a V boat can get squirrely and those behind might take it as weaving...but also the one gaining the other has to give way for the slower by naval law.

Racegirl..whit useless chit I meant just infalting the thread not much else.
The pics can be found in another forum of lubejobs boat.
Anyone have of Phil the Sills :D ?

I think both guys overreacted and when it was brought here OSO did lose some customers.
Even probably many are reconsidering joining as a paying member.

LubeJobs42 11-25-2005 09:36 AM

Another thing, When he ran into me he kept going. Then we I caught up with him He never appologized. I know if I hit someone on accident, I would feel horrible and appolgize my butt off! His excuse was I got him wet earlier and he couldn't let that go. This is in the police report. I work very hard keeping my boat nice. I truley love the sport and the people I got to know on these runs. I have beem on probably 100 poker runs and have never had any kind of incident like this. Truthfully, not even an argument.
A few years ago, again at Gilberts, 2 people ran into my boat by accident. I had the boat 3 days. I saw it happen. The people got caught by the current and banged into me. They put a few 2" chips and a 12" scratch. The people felt horrible. I didn't even get mad. It was an accident. They appologized and told me to send them the bill. I got it repaired for $750, they sent me a check for $1000, I sent them the $250 back. I still get Christmas cards from them. Accidents happen. This was not an accident.

JB4Boyne 11-25-2005 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Another thing, When he ran into me he kept going. Then we I caught up with him He never appologized.

On your 1st post when this all started you stated that after he hit you he stopped and started yelling at you, then other boats started gathering around to see if you were ok. Now I'm really confussed.

ONESICKGLADIATOR 11-25-2005 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
There was no weaving, no zig zagging or anything else. And "if" there was does that give someone the right to run into you? If someone cuts you off on the highway can you plow into them? NO! The person who hits the other person is responsible. I was on the port corner of the pace boat most of the trip to Gilberts. The video will show this. We never move from that spot. This is all lies just like the lie that I threatened Phil and they were going to arrest me. NEVER HAPPENED! In fact, people on the dock were saying "I can't believe your this calm". Steve from OSO saw the tape. Why don't you ask him if I was weaving.
Now remember, Stu Jones eye witnessed the incident. He called a drivers meeting at Gilbert's. Asked who saw what happened. A bunch of hand went up and they all said the same thing. Phil hit Lubejobs. Phil was SEVERELY reprimanded. He was also told not to participate the rest of the run or be anywhere around the group the rest of the trip. I was not reprimanded in any way, shape or form. We were next to the pace boat the entire time! Call Stu and ask him. He's not going to take sides. He wants safe Poker runs, period. I hope someone from here calls Stu to get the true story. This is all a bunch of he said she said. I was there, I was the victim, I was assaulted. If I didn't have a case I would not be pursuing anything. Believe me, I have the evidence to back me up. I only wish I could post the video but I had to sign an agreement only to use it for the case.

LUBEJOB STOP YOUR CRYING & GO BUY MORE DUCT TAPE YOUR STORY IS GETTING OLD.

Rick OSG

OSO 11-25-2005 10:25 AM

Time to move on. I have seen the video and can tell you that many of your statements are without merit. Lets let the parties settle this between themselves.

Thread closed.