Best engine package for 38 TopGun TS

Old 11-25-2005, 12:43 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Best engine package for 38 TopGun TS

825's is too much for those XR's...

My humble opinion is. I would get a reliable builder to build some 598's NA's you'll be around 700-750 hp and if your carefull you'll get 300 hours out of those XR's and great performance for the money you'll spend.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Best engine package for 38 TopGun TS

Put The Motors Back In It They Ran Great. I Was Out In The Boat Just Before Ronnie Flipped It . I Just Serviced The Boat And Then He Flipped . That Is One Beautiful Boat good Luck With It . Keep It Up Rite
Old 11-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pier Pressure Marine
I owned that boat before it was sold to the guy who rolled it. It ran FANTASTIC with the power that was in it (500 efi's and Vortech chargers). The best 38 T/S I have ever had. It ran upper 90's in fresh water, and had incredible power all the way up there. If the power is still good, there is no question, put it back in. There was never any drive issues. They held together fine. We never had any trouble with that boat. It runs great at hi speed, and runs great around the dock. The only thing was it does not get onto plane very well if it is loaded with people and fuel. If you lowered the prop pitch it would jump out of the water, but ran on the rev. limiters. Go to a bigger pitch to run upper 90's and the thing would cavitate coming out of the water. Once you get the feel of how to get on plane with the big blades it is great.
And you are right, the stereo is unreal! we had it installed here in Canada, it sounds great.
let me know if you need any more help or info on this project, I will help you if I can.
(905) 646-2252
Thank you for the info! The boat will be ready to run next week. I was told the Vortecs were overkill but if you say it ran great, That's what we will put back in. I may give you a call. Thank you again!
Old 11-26-2005, 08:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 813 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
You are right. The Vortecs are the best. Pro-chargers are junk. As far as blowing drives,The Vortecs are supposed to have a more conservative power curve producing less stress on the drives than other type of super-chargers.
I wouldn't consider a Vortec,Whipple or Procharger "JUNK",Do you have any actual firsthand experience with the 3 or are you going on what you have read? Depending on impellor dia and pulley size a powerdyne,procharger or vortech supercharger can all make equal boost on the same displacement motor at the same rpm resulting in the same amount of drive breaking torque although the fact they are centrifugal they won't be as bad as a Whipple,Smitty
Old 11-26-2005, 08:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
I wouldn't consider a Vortec,Whipple or Procharger "JUNK",Do you have any actual firsthand experience with the 3 or are you going on what you have read? Depending on impellor dia and pulley size a powerdyne,procharger or vortech supercharger can all make equal boost on the same displacement motor at the same rpm resulting in the same amount of drive breaking torque although the fact they are centrifugal they won't be as bad as a Whipple,Smitty
I never meant to say that the Whipple was junk..In fact,I have driven a 525 Whipple boat and thought it ran excellent(when it was warm out) I have seen first hand alot of motors ruined by the pro-chargers and they are not in the same league as Whipple or Vortec..The Vortec also makes less boost than a Whipple and has a more conserative power curve(so I am sold)So it should be easier on the drive. The Pro-charger has been described to me as JUNK by alot of knowlegeable people from the west coast to Fla.

Last edited by pm203; 11-26-2005 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:03 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

If you're selling I would go with 525's because of max value on re-sale but if you're keeping it I would go naturally aspirated or centrifically blown to be easier on the drives.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
If you're selling I would go with 525's because of max value on re-sale
What he said is true without a doubt !

LS
Old 11-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Registered

That's what we were thinking. Then it's a fast but still dependable package. I think it would make it most desirable. Thank you for all the input.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For resale......bone stock Merc power.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TRICK
For resale......bone stock Merc power.
Fred, If that's what you think, then I'm going that way!!! No one sells more boats then you!!

Quick Reply: Best engine package for 38 TopGun TS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.